Pro Bono Opportunities for Attorneys
CCBA Members Can Celebrate Pro Bono by Giving Support to Local Agencies
Members of the Clark County Bar Association are invited to celebrate pro bono by giving support to the following agencies per the Nevada Rules of Professional Conduct (NRPC 6.1 through 6.5):
- American Civil Liberties Union of Nevada – 601 S. Rancho Drive, Suite B11, Las Vegas, NV 89106. Phone: 702-366-1536
- Clark County Law Foundation – Trial By Peers (youth court program). 725 S. Eighth St, Las Vegas, NV 89101. Phone: 702-333-8277
- Federal Pro Bono Program – United States District Court for the District of Nevada, 333 Las Vegas Blvd. South, Las Vegas, NV 89101. Phone: (702) 464-5540.
- Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada – 725 E. Charleston Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89104. Phone: 702-386-1070
- Nevada Attorney General’s Office of Military Legal Assistance – 100 North Carson Street, Carson City, NV 89701. Phone: 775-684-1100.
- Nevada Legal Services – 530 S. 6th Street, Las Vegas. Phone: 702-386-0404 or 866-432-0404
- Project REAL – 100 N. City Pkwy. Suite 1700, Las Vegas, NV 891061. Phone: 702-388-7527
- Southern Nevada Senior Law Program – 7690 West Sahara Ave.
Las Vegas, Nevada 89117. Phone: 702-229-6596
- Supreme Court of Nevada Access to Justice Commission 800-254-2797
- Volunteer Attorneys for Rural Nevadans – 904 N. Nevada St., Ste. B, Carson City, NV 89702. Phone: 775-883-8278
- Washoe Legal Services – 299 S. Arlington Ave., Reno, NV 89501. Phone: 775-329-2727.
- Washoe County Senior Services- 1155 E. 9th St., Reno, NV 89512. Phone 775-328-2592.
Monthly, the National Association of Black in Criminal Justice (NABCJ) is looking for volunteer attorneys to participate in its monthly attorney counseling sessions in its Legal Resource Clinic. Participating lawyers meet with people who have what they believe to be legal issues, oftentimes involving discrimination or other civil rights matters. After reviewing the file, the participating attorney meets with the complainant to discuss the matter, and possibly refer the person or persons to attorneys who may be interested in taking the case. Participating in the NABCJ program does not obligate the attorney to any further or future representation. For more details, please contact: Allen Lichtenstein, 702-433-2666, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each October, the American Bar Association holds a special campaign to celebrate pro bono. “Celebrate Pro Bono” encourages attorneys to perform pro bono legal services in their communities. To see a map of pro bono events happening in your state, visit https://www.probono.net/celebrateprobono/event-map-year2018/.
Please contact the agency directly for more information and to confirm any opportunities for members of the bar to provide pro bono service and/or support for their programs and services.
If you would like to have your agency’s information added to this database or if your agency’s information needs to be updated, please contact the Clark County Bar Association, (702) 387-6011 or email CCBA.