October 2019 issue of COMMUNIQUÉ Published
We are pleased to announce the release of the “Civil Procedure” issue of Communiqué (October 2019), the official publication of the Clark County Bar Association. This issue features content written by members of Nevada’s legal community listed as follows:
- “Courthouse Cricket: Discovery Missteps and the Duty of Candor to the Tribunal” By Jessica Whelan, Esq. and Ryan Semerad, Esq.
- “NRCP 23: The Recent Additions and Underutilized Features” By Michael J. Gayan, Esq.
- “Nevada Appellate Procedure: A Step-By-Step Guide” By Eric D. Walther, Esq.
- “Proportionality Primer: Federal Guidance for Understanding the 2019 Amendment to Nev. R. Civ. P. 26(b)(1)” By Andrew Sharples, Esq.– CCBA CLE Article #7 [see note below]
- “Summaries from 9-9-19” By Joe Tommasino, Esq.
Additional content may be found in the 48 pages of the full color issue of the publication (print and PDF versions), including these special features:
- “Get Involved with the CCBA” By Clark County Bar President Jason P. Stoffel
- View from the Bench: “Exhaustive Rule Review Results in New NRCP” By Chief Justice Mark Gibbons and Associate Chief Justice Kristina Pickering
- Bar Business
- Member Moves
- New Members
- CCBA CLE Article #7
- CCBA Membership Benefits & Services
- The Marketplace
Special thanks to the following businesses for their support of Communiqué (October 2019):
- Advanced Resolution Management
- Armstrong Teasdale LLP
- Ara Shirinian Mediation
- Bank of Nevada
- Collinson, Daehnke, Inlow & Greco Attorneys at Law
- Dawson & Lordahl PLLC
- Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- Holland & Hart LLP
- HOLO Discovery
- Jason D. Mills & Associates
- Junes Legal Service, Inc.
- Law Pay
- Law Firm of Jeffrey Burr, Ltd.
- Las Vegas Legal Video
- Leavitt Legal Services, P.C.
- Litigation Discovery Group, Inc.
- McCullough Jaynes Investment Group @ NAI Vegas
- MediLegal, Inc.
- Nevada Ballet Theatre
- Netflow Technologies
- Solomon Dwiggins & Freer, Ltd.
- Portraits to You
- Rich Wightman & Company
- State Bar of Nevada
- The Greg Gordillo Law Firm, LLC, New Vision Law
- Welt Law
Note in regards to CCBA Article #7: The Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) will offer 1.0 Ethics Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Credit (for 2019) to Nevada lawyers who read the article, complete the accompanying test, and make payment to Clark County Bar Association, 717 South 8th Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101, and per the offer described in the print and PDF versions of the October 2019 issue of Communiqué (see pages 30-38). CCBA is an Accredited Provider with the NV CLE Board.
The next issue of Communiqué (November 2019) will focus on matters related to Constitutional Law. Space is available for select businesses to showcase their professional services and products. Space reservations are required. Space is limited with placement only guaranteed to paid advertisements. For information about advertising, see COMMUNIQUÉ – Official Rate Sheet & Specs. For more information, contact Steph at Clark County Bar Association, 702-387-6011.
© 2019 Communiqué, Clark County Bar Association. The content on this page was originally published in October 2019 issue of Communiqué, the official publication of the Clark County Bar Association. All rights reserved. For permission to reprint this content, contact the publisher Clark County Bar Association, 717 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101. Phone: (702) 387-6011.