October 2017 issue of COMMUNIQUÉ Published
We are pleased to announce the release of the “Health Care Law” issue of Communiqué (October 2017), the official publication of the Clark County Bar Association. Learn from a cross-section of members from our local legal community as they consider issues related to mass tort litigation, corporate practice of medicine, Medicaid fraud, and expenses related to long term medical care in this 48-page magazine. Readers can enjoy the main articles now posted on our website as follows:
- The Nevada Medicaid Fraud Control Unit Works to Recover Medicaid Funding From Fraudulent Providers” By Andrew Schulke, Esq. and Connie Akridge, Esq.
- “Mass Tort Litigation: A Necessary Deterrent to Profits Over Safety?” By Peter C. Wetherall, Esq.
- “Nevada’s Corporate Practice of Medicine Doctrine: How AGO, NRS & NBME Work Together to Create the Silver State’s Legal Framework for Professional Medical Practice” By Glenn H. Truitt, Esq. and Malvika Rawal, Ph.D., J.D.
- “Critical Health Care Legislation That Impacts Your Retirement” By Mark Cordner
- “Disasters Don’t Plan Ahead. You Can.” By Heather Anderson-Fintak, Esq.
Also, we are pleased to offer the following practical features and highlights for Nevada attorneys (available to view in the full 48-page booklet):
- “How District Court is handling an onslaught of cases tied to mental health issues” By Chief Judge Elizabeth Gonzalez
- “The Cleveland Clinic Lou Ruvo Center for Brain Health and the Las Vegas Medical District” By Connie Akridge
- “Nevada Appellate Court Summaries” by Joe Tommasino, Esq.
- “Pro Bono Corner: CAP Volunteers Needed” By Noah Malgeri, Esq.
The full issue of the October 2017 Communiqué has been printed and mailed to members of the Clark County Bar Association. The next issue will be released in November 2017. For more information about our publication, contact the CCBA at 702-387-6011.