List of CCBA Membership Benefits & Services
Any discounts and services provided by a third party and offered as a courtesy to CCBA members are subject to change and/or cancellation by the provider.
CCBA members can receive discounts* for the following types of ad placements:
- 15% off the rate of ad placement or complimentary design for a display ad, available with purchase of a display ad in the printed magazine, Communiqué. View display ad rates & specs
- 50% off the rate of ad placement rate for the classified ad format, The Marketplace. View classified ad rates & specs.
Contact: Steph at CCBA at 702-387-6011.
Areas of Practice Listings
CCBA members who are also active members of the State Bar of Nevada are encouraged to keep the CCBA updated about their practice areas. CCBA’s attorney members have the opportunity to have their practice areas published in the CCBA Member Directory, a dynamic online listing that can be updated as needed by the member. Submissions can be made online via member login and/or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
|Administrative & Agency Matters||Animal Law||Antitrust & Trade Regulation||Appellate Practice|
|Arbitration & Mediation||Aviation||Banking Law||Bankruptcy Law|
|Business Litigation||Child Welfare||City/County/Local Government||Civil Defense|
|Civil Trial Advocacy||Collection Law||Common Interest Community / Homeowners Associations||Constitutional Law|
|Construction Law||Consumer Claims & Protection||Copyright & Trademark Law||Corporate Finance & Securities Law|
|Corporation & Business Law||Creditor & Debtor Law||Criminal & Traffic Law||Domestic Relations & Family Law|
|DUI Defense||Education Law||Elder Law||Eminent Domain & Condemnation Law|
|Employment Law||Environmental Law||Ethics & Professional Responsibility||Federal Indian Law|
|Franchise & Distribution||Gaming Law||Guardianship||Government Relations|
|Health Care Law||Immigration & Customs Law||Insurance Law||Intellectual Property|
|International & Foreign Law||Internet Law||Job Discrimination & Civil Rights||Juvenile Law|
|Labor Law||Land Use, Planning, Zoning||Legal Malpractice||Legislative Matters|
|Medical Malpractice||Medical Marijuana||Mergers & Acquisitions||Military Law|
|Mining Law||Natural Resources||Patents||Pension, Profit Sharing & Employee Benefits|
|Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Claims||Premises Liability||Product Liability||Professional Malpractice|
|Public Utility Matters||Public Interest Law||Real Estate Law||Real Property Law|
|Social Security Disability||Sports & Entertainment Law||State/Federal & Admin||Taxation Law|
|Transportation Law||Travel & Hospitality Law||Trial||Veterans Administration & Affairs|
|Water Rights Law||Wills, Estates, Estate Planning & Probate|
Contact: Steph at CCBA at 702-387-6011.
This year, the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) will hold one set of four tickets to the home games during the regular season of the Las Vegas 51s Baseball team. Current CCBA members—with the exception of law students—may request the use of our tickets. Tickets will be made available on a first come, first served basis. Recipients will receive 4 tickets for one (1) game only, along with a one-day parking pass.
To request the use of the CCBA’s season tickets, select an available date in the Las Vegas 51s Baseball Home Game Schedule listed on the CCBA website and submit your request via email to Steph at CCBA. Tickets are available to current, paid members of the Clark County Bar Association only; law student members may not benefit from the free ticket offers. Free tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets and discounts are non-transferable. All times, dates, and promotions are subject to change. Tickets will be made available on a first come, first served basis. More restrictions apply to this offer; see below for more information. Let’s go out to the ball game!
Are the CCBA’s tickets not available for the date you want to go to the game? Go out to the ball game anyways! Visit the Las Vegas 51s website to find more information about ticket options. Purchase your own tickets for the individual game. Take the whole office out to the ball game.Group discounts available. Call 702-798-7825.
CCBA Members Directory
Members of our association can be listed in the online CCBA Members Directory. This directory can be searched to find a member via area of practice, first or last name, firm/company/agency, and other states admitted. This pictorial directory can include a portrait of the member.
CCBA Members may update their portrait that displays in the CCBA Members Directory by creating a globally recognized avatar via Gravatar at https://en.gravatar.com/. Changes made to a member’s Gravatar image will be reflected in the CCBA member’s profile with the photo in the CCBA’s Members Directory to be automatically.
To sit for a professional portrait, CCBA members may use the Portrait services available through the CCBA.
Contact: Steph at CCBA at 702-387-6011.
CLE Seminar Discounts
CCBA members receive discounted admission to our high-quality, low-cost continuing legal education (CLE) programming. The discount is up to 50% off the rate for non-members to attend a live CCBA CLE seminar!
- To find live seminars, go to https://www.clarkcountybar.org/marketplace/live-cle-seminars/
- To find recorded seminars, view our catalog of titles available to rent at CCBA’s CLE Audio/Visual Library
Also, CCBA members are invited to volunteer their time to produce CLE programming and get involved with the CLE Committee.
Contact: Donna at CCBA at 702-387-6011.
Want to benefit from further discounts to our already affordable seminar rates? How about admission to 12 credit hours of CCBA-sponsored CLE seminars for only $200? Purchase the CCBA CLE Passport to use toward the Clark County Bar Association’s live and recorded CLE seminars.*
Order your CCBA CLE Passport today!
- Order the CCBA CLE Passport via the CCBA’s website at https://www.clarkcountybar.org/downloads/2018-cle-passport/
- Order the CCBA CLE Passport from the CCBA office using this form (PDF): CCBA-CLE-Passport-2018
Already own a CCBA CLE Passport? Learn how to use it to order live and recorded CLE seminars from the CCBA: To order live or recorded CLE seminars from the CCBA using your pre-paid CLE Passport, send a request with the title(s) of the CLE seminar via e-mail to staff contact at the CCBA. For recorded CLE seminar requests, CCBA staff will send the CLE Passport holder an e-mail with link(s) to download the requested file(s) directly. For live CLE seminar requests, CCBA staff will add the CLE Passport holder’s name to the event RSVP list for admittance to seminar(s).
*Restrictions apply to this offer. The 2018 CLE Passport is valid January 1, 2018 to March 1, 2019 and available only to members of the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA). CCBA membership must be renewed for the CLE Passport to remain valid from January through March during the upcoming membership years. This offer is non-transferable and limited to CCBA members for admittance to CCBA-sponsored CLE seminars during the current calendar year. This offer does not include CLE seminars not solely sponsored by the CCBA (e.g., co-sponsored by the State Bar of Nevada, Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, etc.). The CLE Passport must be presented upon attendance of live seminar or upon ordering of audio/visual materials.
Contact: Donna at CCBA at 702-387-6011.
CCBA members receive a subscription to the printed magazine, Communiqué.
Communiqué is a glossy, color magazine published by the Clark County Bar Association 11 times per year and mailed to bar members and subscribers. This award-winning publication is produced by and for attorneys, judges, and others in Nevada’s legal community. Communiqué features practical legal articles, updates on practice and procedure in local, state, and federal courts, and news and announcements about bar events and services. Space is available for businesses to showcase their services or products. Communiqué has been recognized four times with a Luminary Award for Excellence in Special Publications—the national award presented by the country’s bar associations through the National Association of Bar Executives’ Communications Section. Those issues honored were October 1995—CCBA’s 40th Anniversary; April 1996—an in-depth look at Western State’s proposed unaccredited, for-profit law school in Nevada; August 1998—judicial election preview and candidate information; and July/August 2000—Lloyd D. George United States Courthouse. In 2003, Communiqué was presented with its first ever Luminary Award for Excellence in Regular Publications, and again in 2009.To read a sample from the latest issue, go to https://www.clarkcountybar.org/communique/.
Space is available for advertisers and law firms to promote professional services, accomplishments, and products for the legal industry. All advertisers must adhere to size specification, standards and policies contained on the official rate cards:
- Display ad rates: https://www.clarkcountybar.org/marketplace/communique-advertising-rates-specs/
- Classified ad rates: https://www.clarkcountybar.org/marketplace/marketplace-advertising-rates-specs/
Contact: Steph at CCBA at 702-387-6011.
LawPay is the preferred payment solution for attorneys. Backed by over 90 bar associations and designed specifically for the legal industry, LawPay offers a secure and convenient tool for receiving online credit card payments – the fastest way to get paid. One major benefit of LawPay is the ability to correctly separate earned and unearned payments. LawPay protects your firm from commingling client funds.For over a decade, LawPay has provided knowledge, experience, and support to over 25,000 law firms. LawPay is proud to be recommended by the Clark County Bar and offered as a benefit to their membership. See Member Benefit Statement (PDF): QMR-ClarkCountyBarAssociation(002)
If you’re interested in learning more, a LawPay representative is available to answer your questions at 866.376.0950 or visit www.LawPay.com/ccba/.
Clark County Bar News via E-mail
CCBA publishes news in a periodic e-mail. Clark County Bar News is designed to load quickly for users to scroll through and note key dates with ease. This service may include updates regarding about bar activities, services, and notices from the local, state, and federal courts. CCBA currently uses a web service provider, Mail Chimp.
View an archive of recent e-mails.
To edit your communication preferences with CCBA, contact CCBA at (702) 387-6011.
Event & Networking Opportunities
CCBA members are invited to attend committee meetings, bar luncheons, mixers, and special events held throughout the year. To find live seminars, view our calendar at CCBA Events
Meeting Room Space
Nevada Ballet Theatre Discounts
CCBA has partnered with Nevada Ballet Theatre for the 2018-2019 season. We will be announcing special offers for CCBA members to attend certain performances of the Nevada Ballet Theatre. Check out current special offers available for current members of the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) listed as follows…
Music by Franz Liszt
Choreography by Ben Stevenson, O.B.E.
Reynolds Hall at The Smith Center
Ben Stevenson’s Dracula fills the stage with eerie Gothic grandness, from its costumes and sets, to the glorious love triangle at the center of its iconic tale. Set to the music of Franz Liszt, this world of sweeping movement, ingenious stage effects, and dark, rich coloring will envelope you in its haunting world of evil temptation and transfix you from first bite.
Check out these special offers for CCBA members….
- Thursday, October 25, 2018 • 7:30pm – All CCBA members can order tickets and get 15% off the best seats! VIP, A, B, & C level seating with special discount code. Send request for code to Donna at CCBA.
- Friday, October 26, 2018 • 7:30pm – Two offers:
- CCBA Night Tickets –CCBA members can order tickets, as part of our group package, for ONLY $79 PER TICKET (not including handling fees) with special discount code. CCBA members may send their request for the special discount code to Donna at CCBA.
- CCBA Member Discount – CCBA members can order tickets and get 15% off the best seats! VIP, A, B, & C level seating with special discount code. CCBA members may send their request for the special discount code to Donna at CCBA.
- Saturday, October 27, 2018 • 7:30pm – All CCBA members can order tickets and get 15% off the best seats! VIP, A, B, & C level seating with special discount code. Send request for code to Donna at CCBA.
- Sunday, October 28, 2018 • 2:00pm – All CCBA members can order tickets and get 15% off the best seats! VIP, A, B, & C level seating with special discount code. Send request for code to Donna at CCBA.
Don’t delay! Get the best seats before they’re gone.
Order tickets now!
Go to http://nevadaballet.org/shows/Dracula or call the box office at (702) 749-2000.
*Availability is limited. Discount valid on the best seats in the VIP, A, B & C levels. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer or on previously purchased tickets. Subject to availability. Taxes and fees may apply. Other restrictions may apply. All sales final, no refunds or exchanges. Management reserves all rights.
Professional Portrait Services
CCBA members are welcome to sit for a professional portrait on a scheduled event at the Clark County Bar Association offices. Portraits are for the CCBA to publish in the bar journal COMMUNIQUÉ, on the bar’s official website, and online via social media accounts, as needed. Information about the next session is listed below.
- CCBA Picture Day – This event is for members of the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) to sit for a portrait taken by a professional photographer at the Clark County Bar Association at a particular time and place as follows:
- When: Tuesday, February 12, 2019 – 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Where: Clark County Bar Association, 717 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101
- Why: Sit for a portrait made by a professional photographer. Dress for success. Drop-ins are welcome.
- Sponsor: Portraits to You
- Special Offer: Sitting fee will be waived! Photographer will offer a discounted rate for CCBA members to purchase their portrait(s).
Special offer is available only during this scheduled event. Purchase of portraits is available from the photographer, Portraits to You. Pricing for purchase of portraits is listed below:
|(1) Digital Image $79||(1) Digital Image $99|
|(2) Digital Images $99||(2) Digital Images $129|
|CD Mailed to You $10||CD Mailed to You $10|
Rental Car Discounts
CCBA members members can enjoy special member rates, considerable value-added discounts and the latest in technology, products, and services to make your car rental experience better than ever.Visit AVIS at https://www.avis.com/car-rental/profile/go.ac?A628300
Some of Avis’ programs include:
- Complimentary Preferred® Service enrollment – A fast and easy counter bypass program with added benefits and special amenities, such as the best parking spots and more vehicles. Available at participating locations. To enroll simply visit www.avisawards.com and click on the Preferred Service link and follow the prompts.
- Where2TM GPS – State-of-the-art GPS system that guides through every mile of your trip, giving you clear, simple directions, real-time road conditions and much more.
- Avis e-Receipt – Within 24 hours of returning your vehicle, you’ll have your Avis receipt e-mailed to you, free of charge. It’s a convenient way to avoid lost receipts, complete expense reports, and save time when returning your car.These services are optional, subject to availability at select locations and may require an additional fee.
For reservations or information, visit the Avis Web site, or contact your travel agent or call Avis Reservations at 1-800-331-1212. Mention the coupon number of your offer choice when making reservations. (see below for coupon numbers) Plus, you’ll save up to 25% when you use AWD # A628300.
OFFER COUPON #
$25 off weekly rental MUGH004
Free weekend day TUGG060
Free single upgrade UUGA037