List of CCBA Membership Benefits & Services
CCBA members can receive discounts* for the following types of ad placements:
- 15% off the rate of ad placement or complimentary design for a display ad, available with purchase of a display ad in the printed magazine, Communiqué. View display ad rates & specs
- 50% off the rate of ad placement rate for the classified ad format, The Marketplace. View classified ad rates & specs.
- SPECIAL, LIMITED-TIME OFFER: CCBA Members can place an “Employment” type classified ad of 50 words or less for FREE! This offer is valid through December 2017 and available only for members of the Clark County Bar Association.
Contact: Steph at CCBA at 702-387-6011.
Areas of Practice Listings
CCBA members who are also active members of the State Bar of Nevada are encouraged to keep the CCBA updated about their practice areas. CCBA’s attorney members have two opportunities* to have their practice areas published:
- CCBA Member Directory – Online, dynamic listing that can be updated as needed by the member. Submissions can be made online via member login and/or via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Law Guide, a special publication of the Las Vegas Business Press – A printed publication, this is a limited-time offer and subject to change and/or cancellation by the LVBP. For more information, see details listed below. To have their area of practice listings included, the CCBA attorney members must submit their top 3 practice areas (using the list below):
|Administrative & Agency Matters||Animal Law–NEW||Antitrust & Trade Regulation||Appellate Practice|
|Arbitration & Mediation||Aviation||Banking Law||Bankruptcy Law|
|Business Litigation||Child Welfare||City/County/Local Government||Civil Defense|
|Civil Trial Advocacy||Collection Law||Common Interest Community / Homeowners Associations||Constitutional Law|
|Construction Law||Consumer Claims & Protection||Copyright & Trademark Law||Corporate Finance & Securities Law|
|Corporation & Business Law||Creditor & Debtor Law||Criminal & Traffic Law||Domestic Relations & Family Law|
|DUI Defense||Education Law||Elder Law||Eminent Domain & Condemnation Law|
|Employment Law||Environmental Law||Ethics & Professional Responsibility–NEW||Federal Indian Law|
|Franchise & Distribution||Gaming Law||Guardianship||Government Relations|
|Health Care Law||Immigration & Customs Law||Insurance Law||Intellectual Property|
|International & Foreign Law||Internet Law||Job Discrimination & Civil Rights||Juvenile Law|
|Labor Law||Land Use, Planning, Zoning||Legal Malpractice||Legislative Matters|
|Medical Malpractice||Medical Marijuana–NEW||Mergers & Acquisitions–NEW||Military Law|
|Mining Law||Natural Resources||Patents||Pension, Profit Sharing & Employee Benefits|
|Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Claims||Premises Liability||Product Liability||Professional Malpractice|
|Public Utility Matters||Public Interest Law||Real Estate Law||Real Property Law|
|Social Security Disability||Sports & Entertainment Law||State/Federal & Admin||Taxation Law|
|Transportation Law||Travel & Hospitality Law||Trial||Veterans Administration & Affairs|
|Water Rights Law||Wills, Estates, Estate Planning & Probate|
Contact: Steph at CCBA at 702-387-6011.
LET’S GO TO THE BALLET!
Music by Sir Benjamin Britten, Eric Coates, Sir Edward Elgar, Ron Goodwin and Montague Phillips
Choreography by Jorden Morris
The Smith Center for the Performing Arts, Reynolds Hall
Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 2:00 p.m.
Fly with NBT through a starlit London night and headlong into a magical adventure in Neverland with the 2016-17 Season finale, Peter Pan. First the movie, then the musical and now the ballet, this full-length production will be filled with pixie dust and all your favorite characters, from Tinkerbell to the Lost Boys to Captain Hook and his swashbuckling pirates. Perfect for the entire family, J. M. Barrie’s famous tale of the boy who wouldn’t grow up is another Smith Center Premiere for NBT, choreographed by Jorden Morris and set to a diverse score. With all of its energy, humor and poignant movement, Peter Pan will delight the child in us all.
BONUS! Prior to both performances, NBT will present Insights, an educational pre-performance discussion offering patrons an opportunity to further engage with the ballet, with special guests, multi-media presentations and more. Insights is free to all ticket holders and will take place in the Troesh Studio Theater, adjacent to Reynolds Hall, 45 minutes prior to curtain at 6:45 pm on Saturday and 1:15 pm on Sunday.
Have a group of 10 or more? Contact NBT Group Sales at (702) 243-2623 for information on priority seating, special discounts and exclusive experiences.
SPECIAL OFFERS FOR CCBA MEMBERS:
- DISCOUNTED TICKETS – All CCBA members may get 15% off of the purchase of VIP, A, B & C level seating with discount code NBTMBRPERK at link to NBT or via phone to NBT at (702) 749-2000 to one of the following presentations of Peter Pan: Sunday, May 14, 2017 at 2:00 p.m. or Saturday, May 13, 2017 at 7:30 p.m.
- FREE TICKETS – A lucky few CCBA members may get to use a set of two tickets to a one of the presentation of Peter Pan (date and time for free tickets still TBA). If you are interested in the free tickets, email Steph with your request. Lucky recipients will receive 2 tickets for a select presentation (date and time TBA).
*Restrictions to these offers will apply. Ticket and discounts are available to current, paid members of the Clark County Bar Association; law student members may not benefit from the free ticket offers. Free tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets and discounts are non-transferable. All times, dates, and promotions are subject to change.
CCBA holds one set of four seats to the 51′s regular season home schedule. CCBA members—with the exception of law students—can request the use of the tickets. Tickets are available on a first-come, first-served basis, and non-transferable. Recipients will receive 4 tickets for one (1) game only, along with a one-day parking pass. Tickets are non-transferable. All times, dates, and promotions are subject to change. CCBA is proud to invite our members to cheer on the Las Vegas 51s baseball team! If you are interested in attending a game on an available date, email Steph with your request.
- View available game days: https://www.clarkcountybar.org/membership/membership-benefits/las-vegas-home-game-schedule/
- Visit the Las Vegas 51s Web site: http://www.milb.com/index.jsp?sid=t400
*Restrictions to these offers will apply.Ticket and discounts are available to current, paid members of the Clark County Bar Association; law student members may not benefit from the free ticket offers. Free tickets will be available on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets and discounts are non-transferable. All times, dates, and promotions are subject to change.
CCBA Members Directory
Members of our association can be listed in the CCBA Members Directory. The directory can be searched to find a member via area of practice, first or last name, firm/company/agency, and other states admitted. This pictorial directory can include a portrait of the member. To get a portrait taken for the directory, please use the Portrait services available through the CCBA.
Contact: Steph at CCBA at 702-387-6011.
CLE Seminar Discount
CCBA members received discounted admission to our high-quality, low-cost continuing legal education (CLE) programming. The discount is up to 50% off the rate for non-members to attend a live CCBA CLE seminar!
- To view the upcoming list of live seminars, go to https://www.clarkcountybar.org/events/cle-seminars/
- To view a list of recorded seminars, go to https://www.clarkcountybar.org/events/cle-seminars/#CLE-AV-Library
Also, CCBA members are invited to volunteer their time to produce CLE programming and get involved with the CLE Committee.
Contact: Donna at CCBA at 702-387-6011.
The CCBA CLE Passport offers further discounts to our already affordable seminar rates!*With the purchase of a CLE Passport, the cost is ONLY $200 for CCBA’s attorney members to attend up to twelve CLE credit hours of CCBA-sponsored CLE seminars.To order the CLE Passport, choose from one of the options below:
- Order online at https://www.clarkcountybar.org/downloads/2016-cle-passport/.
- Order using form (PDF): CCBA-CLE-Passport-2016
*Restrictions apply to this offer. The 2016 CLE Passport is valid January 1, 2016 to March 1, 2017 and available only to members of the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA). CCBA membership must be renewed for the CLE Passport to remain valid from January through March during the upcoming membership years. This offer is non-transferable and limited to CCBA members for admittance to CCBA-sponsored CLE seminars during the current calendar year. This offer does not include CLE seminars not solely sponsored by the CCBA (e.g., co-sponsored by the State Bar of Nevada). The CLE Passport must be presented upon attendance of live seminar or upon ordering of audio/visual materials.
Contact: Donna at CCBA at 702-387-6011.
CCBA members receive a subscription to the printed magazine, Communiqué.
Communiqué is a glossy, color magazine published by the Clark County Bar Association 11 times per year and mailed to bar members and subscribers. This award-winning publication is produced by and for attorneys, judges, and others in Nevada’s legal community. Communiqué features practical legal articles, updates on practice and procedure in local, state, and federal courts, and news and announcements about bar events and services. Space is available for businesses to showcase their services or products. Communiqué has been recognized four times with a Luminary Award for Excellence in Special Publications—the national award presented by the country’s bar associations through the National Association of Bar Executives’ Communications Section. Those issues honored were October 1995—CCBA’s 40th Anniversary; April 1996—an in-depth look at Western State’s proposed unaccredited, for-profit law school in Nevada; August 1998—judicial election preview and candidate information; and July/August 2000—Lloyd D. George United States Courthouse. In 2003, Communiqué was presented with its first ever Luminary Award for Excellence in Regular Publications, and again in 2009.To read a sample from the latest issue, go to https://www.clarkcountybar.org/communique/.
Space is available for advertisers and law firms to promote professional services, accomplishments, and products for the legal industry. All advertisers must adhere to size specification, standards and policies contained on the official rate cards:
- Display ad rates: https://www.clarkcountybar.org/marketplace/communique-advertising-rates-specs/
- Classified ad rates: https://www.clarkcountybar.org/marketplace/marketplace-advertising-rates-specs/
Contact: Steph at CCBA at 702-387-6011.
LawPay is the preferred payment solution for attorneys. Backed by over 90 bar associations and designed specifically for the legal industry, LawPay offers a secure and convenient tool for receiving online credit card payments – the fastest way to get paid. One major benefit of LawPay is the ability to correctly separate earned and unearned payments. LawPay protects your firm from commingling client funds.For over a decade, LawPay has provided knowledge, experience, and support to over 25,000 law firms. LawPay is proud to be recommended by the Clark County Bar and offered as a benefit to their membership. See Member Benefit Statement (PDF): QMR-ClarkCountyBarAssociation(002)
If you’re interested in learning more, a LawPay representative is available to answer your questions at 866.376.0950 or visit www.LawPay.com/ccba/.
Event Calendar & News via E-mail
“CCBA Event Calendar & News” is designed to load fast for users to quickly scroll through and note key dates. This service also includes e-mail notices regarding about bar activities, services, and notices from the local, state, and federal courts. CCBA currently uses a web service provider, Mail Chimp.
View an archive of recent e-mails.
To edit your communication preferences with CCBA, contact CCBA at (702) 387-6011.
Event & Networking Opportunities
CCBA members are invited to attend committee meetings, bar luncheons, mixers, and special events held throughout the year. View a list of upcoming bar events at https://www.clarkcountybar.org/events/
Sponsorship opportunities are available to selected businesses for the following events and services:
- Meet Your Judges Mixer – Annual event; the next one is set for Thursday, May 18, 2017.
- Bar Luncheons – Periodical events held six times a year; the next one is set for January 26, 2017.
- 40-Year Club Induction Ceremony & Luncheon – Annual event, the next one is tentatively set for March 16, 2017. Download program from 2016 event (PDF): 40-Year-Club-Event-Program-2016-web
- Continuing Legal Education (CLE) Series – Annual service provided throughout the year. See live CLE seminars and recorded CLE seminars.
- Team CCBA T-Shirts – A branding opportunity for your firm to support the Clark County Bar Association’s community service activities!
Attorney members of the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) are invited to sign up to be listed via their areas of practice in the 2017 edition of LAW Guide, a special publication of Las Vegas Business Press.
The list of attorneys included in the special areas of practice section will be limited to members of the CCBA with the list provided by the CCBA to the publisher.
To sign up for this complimentary service, CCBA members must submit the following information before June 10, 2017 to the CCBA either via e-mail to Steph or via fax to her attention at (702) 387-7867 using the sign up form available for download as a PDF at 2017-law-guide-ccba-member-aop-sign-up-form:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Phone # (10 Digits, including area code)
- Nevada Bar #
- Top 3 Areas of Practice (selected from the list below)
- Administrative & Agency Matters
- Animal Law
- Antitrust & Trade Regulation
- Appellate Practice
- Arbitration & Mediation
- Banking Law
- Bankruptcy Law
- Business Litigation
- Child Welfare
- City/County/Local Government
- Civil Defense
- Civil Trial Advocacy
- Collection Law
- Common Interest Community, Homeowners Associations
- Constitutional Law
- Construction Law
- Consumer Claims & Protection
- Copyright & Trademark Law
- Corporate Finance & Securities Law
- Corporation & Business Law
- Creditor & Debtor Law
- Criminal & Traffic Law
- Domestic Relations & Family Law
- DUI Defense
- Education Law
- Elder Law
- Eminent Domain & Condemnation Law
- Employment Law
- Environmental Law
- Ethics & Professional Responsibility
- Federal Indian Law
- Franchise & Distribution
- Gaming Law
- Government Relations
- Health Care Law
- Immigration & Customs Law
- Insurance Law
- Intellectual Property
- International & Foreign Law
- Internet Law
- Job Discrimination & Civil Rights
- Juvenile Law
- Labor Law
- Land Use, Planning, Zoning
- Legal Malpractice
- Legislative Matters
- Medical Malpractice
- Medical Marijuana
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Military Law
- Mining Law
- Natural Resources
- Pension, Profit Sharing & Employee Benefits
- Personal Injury and Wrongful Death Claims
- Premises Liability
- Product Liability
- Professional Malpractice
- Public Utility Matters
- Public Interest Law
- Real Estate Law
- Real Property Law
- Social Security Disability
- Special Education
- Sports & Entertainment Law
- State/Federal & Admin
- Taxation Law
- Transportation Law
- Travel & Entertainment Law
- Veterans Administration & Affairs
- Water Rights Law
- Wills, Estates, Estate Planning & Probate
- Workers’ Compensation
*Complimentary listings are restricted to attorney members of the Clark County Bar Association who have paid their 2017 membership fees and completed the registration form before the registration deadline. The Law Guide is set for publication on July 31, 2017. This complimentary listing is available only to CCBA’s attorney members and is NOT automatically included with membership. Each attorney member who wants to be listed will need to submit a sign up form (or e-mail) requesting to be listed in Each edition of LAW Guide. LAW Guide is a printed publication, this is a limited-time offer and subject to change and/or cancellation by the LVBP. Contact: Steph 702-387-6011.
- Submissions of LAW Guide Sign Up Forms due to CCBA by June 10, 2017
- Space deadline: [TBA]
- Ads due: [TBA]
- Publication date: July 31, 2017
Opportunities to Advertise & Sponsor LAW Guide:
Attorneys and law firms are invited to place a paid advertisement to promote their services in LAW Guide. For rates and information to place an advertisement or sponsor the publication, contact: Debbie Donaldson, Publisher, Las Vegas Business Press, at 702-383-4617, email@example.com.
CCBA members can receive annual subscription ($52.00 value) to the weekly publication, Las Vegas Business Press.” The Las Vegas Business Press was founded in 1984 and is an award-winning publication of the Las Vegas Review-Journal. Independent market research consistently shows Business Press as the most-read business publication in the Las Vegas market. Weekly subscribers include CEOs, CFOs, business owners, and professionals in legal, medical, technology and other industries vital to the Las Vegas economy.Contact Debbie Donaldson, Publisher, Las Vegas Business Press, at for any questions regarding content, advertising or subscriptions. Sign-up for weekly, e-mail Business Press Highlights.
Lawyers Professional Liability Coverage
Offering Property, Casualty, Workers Compensation, Professional Liability, Group Health Insurance, and Specialty Insurances for attorneys and law firms.
2500 North Buffalo Drive
Las Vegas, NV 89128
Contact Joel Jarvis, Producer
702-304-7839 office direct
Lawyers Professional Liability – 10% premium discount
Insurance for Lawyers, http://www.iflforlawyers.com/
*discount given only to verified members in current status with CCBA
**subject to underwriting guidelines, not all firms will qualify for the discount due to area of practice, size, or loss history.
Meeting Room Space
Abby Connect creates fabulous connections, meaningful relationships and happy professionals one call at a time. An Abby Legal Representative will “wow” your callers and grow the bottom line as your Firm’s virtual receptionist. Abby Connect can answer your phone lines like a receptionist of your Firm, screen your calls, announce callers to you and seamlessly connect calls to you, whenever and wherever you are. To redeem this special “ Members Only” discount offer and take advantage of our FREE ( no obligation ) 14 day trial, simply visit this link: http://www.abbyconnect.com/ccba.html or contact: Andrew Juras at Abby Connect for more information.
Professional Portrait Services
The Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) hosts sessions at the CCBA’s office for members to come sit for a portrait made by a professional photographer. Information about the next session is listed below.
- DATE: Wednesday, February 22, 2017
- TIME: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- LOCATION: Clark County Bar Association, 717 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101
Drop-ins are welcome.
Dress for success.
Portraits are for the CCBA to publish in the CCBA Members Directory at https://www.clarkcountybar.org/members/directory and in the bar journal Communiqué, as needed.
Members can purchase their portrait(s) directly from the photographer. Members will be offered special pricing. Special pricing will be made available from the photographer at Portraits to You for the individual to purchase his/her portrait(s) but only on the day of the portrait session.
|(1) Digital Image $79||(1) Digital Image $99|
|(2) Digital Images $99||(2) Digital Images $129|
|CD Mailed to You $10||CD Mailed to You $10|
Portraits to You is currently the preferred provider of portrait services to the Clark County Bar Association.
Rental Car Discounts
CCBA members members can enjoy special member rates, considerable value-added discounts and the latest in technology, products, and services to make your car rental experience better than ever.Visit AVIS at https://www.avis.com/car-rental/profile/go.ac?A628300
Some of Avis’ programs include:
- Complimentary Preferred® Service enrollment – A fast and easy counter bypass program with added benefits and special amenities, such as the best parking spots and more vehicles. Available at participating locations. To enroll simply visit www.avisawards.com and click on the Preferred Service link and follow the prompts.
- Where2TM GPS – State-of-the-art GPS system that guides through every mile of your trip, giving you clear, simple directions, real-time road conditions and much more.
- Avis e-Receipt – Within 24 hours of returning your vehicle, you’ll have your Avis receipt e-mailed to you, free of charge. It’s a convenient way to avoid lost receipts, complete expense reports, and save time when returning your car.These services are optional, subject to availability at select locations and may require an additional fee.
For reservations or information, visit the Avis Web site, or contact your travel agent or call Avis Reservations at 1-800-331-1212. Mention the coupon number of your offer choice when making reservations. (see below for coupon numbers) Plus, you’ll save up to 25% when you use AWD # A628300.
OFFER COUPON #
$25 off weekly rental MUGH004
Free weekend day TUGG060
Free single upgrade UUGA037