May 2017 issue of COMMUNIQUÉ Published
We are pleased to announce the release of Communiqué (May 2017), the official publication of the Clark County Bar Association. In this issue, our main articles focus on matters related to law surrounding sports. Read these articles written by attorneys for attorneys:
- Professional Sports and Wagering in Las Vegas By Greg Gemignani, Esq. and Jennifer Roberts, Esq.
- Nil for N.I.L.: Why Student Athletes Are Denied Compensation for their Name, Image, and Likeness By Erica C. Smit, Esq. and J. Stephen Peek, Esq.
Additionally, CCBA President Tami D. Cowden takes a look at the new building in Las Vegas that is now host to the Nevada Appellate Courts in her regular message, A Classic in the Golden West.
Also included in the printed magazine are practical features and highlights for Nevada attorneys including:
- A 2-page “Cheat Sheet” for Eighth Judicial District Court Civil Practice By Craig D. Friedel, Esq.
- News and Notes by Las Vegas Justice Court Presiding Criminal Judge Diana Sullivan
- Business Court News By Paul C. Ray, Esq.
- Nevada Appellate Court Summaries By Joe Tommasino, Esq.
- Pro Bono Corner: Attorneys Stand Up for the Profession By Elizabeth Brickfield, Esq.
- Memories of Francis Lynch by “Ask Mr. Lawyer” Sal Gugino, Esq.
- Photos from CCBA’s 40 Year Club Induction Ceremony and Luncheon
- A look back at the 2016-2017 Downtown Cultural Series
The printed issue of Communiqué will be mailed to members of the Clark County Bar Association. The next issue of Communiqué will be released in June/July 2017 and include short articles focused on concerns related to family law. For more information about our publication, contact the CCBA at 702-387-6011.