Marketplace Advertising Rates & Specs
Classified advertising is offered with placement available in print and online (“web”) formats:
- For print, the classified ads are published in “The Marketplace” section in the back of the bar journal, Communiqué per issue (e.g. August 2017 issue) except for the month of July. (The June/July issue is combined and published in June.)
- For web, the classified ads are published on The Marketplace page of the CCBA website through the calendar month (e.g. July 1 through July 31).
There is a cost for placement. Costs are calculated the same for both print and web placements with each placement sold separately. Cost for placement is calculated using either the “Member” or the “Non-Member” rate. Classifieds are non-commissionable and must be paid in advance.
- CCBA Member Rate is $25 for the first 30 words plus $.50 per additional word. – UPDATE (8/17/2016): SPECIAL, LIMITED-TIME OFFER: CCBA Members can place an “Employment” type classified ad of 50 words or less for FREE! This offer is valid through December 2017 and available only for members of the Clark County Bar Association.
- Non-Member Rate is $50 for the first 30 words plus $1.00 per additional word.
- For print placement, ad copy and remittance must be received by the 1st of the month preceding cover (i.e., December 1 for the January issue). Communiqué is not published in the month of July. The combined June/July issue is released in June.
- For Web placement, ad copy and remittance must be received by the 28th of the month preceding the desired calendar month (i.e., December 28 for January 1 through January 31 exposure). Unless otherwise noted, CCBA may take up to 72 hours to post online after confirmed placement. There is no discount for partial month placement; placements accepted after the 1st of the month do not receive a pro-rated discount.
Classified ad formatting: Ads are to be comprised of text only; no logos, images, or special format requests will be accepted. Ads may run in alphabetic order under a listed category (e.g., Employment, Office Space, Services). You may suggest a category; however, classification of all ads is at the editor’s discretion and may be changed without notice. Any element surrounded by spaces is a word. Any word commonly found in the dictionary counts as one word, as do abbreviations, phone numbers, portions of an address, e-mail addresses, Web sites and URLs. Punctuation is free. Please check your ad for accuracy. Communiqué is not responsible for errors that appear after the first edition is distributed.
To submit a classified ad, simply follow these steps:
- Type out your ad in an e-mail (preferred method) or on firm or personal letterhead;
- E-mail proposed text to StephAbbott@clarkcountybar.org;
- CCBA staff will assess the cost and respond back with a quote/advertising agreement;
- Complete the quote form and submit it with payment by the noted deadline via fax to (702) 387-7867 or mail it to: CCBA, 717 S. Eighth St., Las Vegas, NV 89101. Types of payment accepted for all CCBA advertising are check, money order, or credit card. The following credit cards are accepted: MasterCard and VISA. If paying via credit card, do NOT e-mail payment information. Call it in or fax it in.
Questions: Call CCBA at (702) 387-6011.