Marketplace Advertising Rates & Specs
The Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) offers opportunities for the placement of classified ads in print (Communiqué) or online View The Marketplace), To submit your ad for publication by the CCBA, please follow these three simple steps:
- Submit a request for a quote that includes the full text of your ad (formatted as a single paragraph) to be classified under the appropriate subheading (e.g. “Employment,” “Items for Sale,” “Office Space,” or “Services”) along with your contact information (name of business, address, and phone number) to CCBA staff. We will reply with a quote/ad placement order form.
- Complete the form, indicating your choice of placements, and return to the CCBA by the quoted deadline. Also due by the deadline is payment.
- Submit payment to the Clark County Bar Association, 717 S. Eighth St., Las Vegas, NV 89101, phone (702-387-6011), or fax (702-387-7867). Do NOT send payment information via e-mail. Payment types: check, money order, credit card (MasterCard, VISA, AMEX).
If you have any questions call CCBA office at 702-387-6011. For more information about placement options, rates, deadlines, formatting, and conditions, see our official rate card at http://www.clarkcountybar.org/marketplace/marketplace-advertising-rates-specs/.
For placement options, rates, deadlines, formatting, and conditions, see information listed below:
- In print, the classified ads are published in “The Marketplace” section in the back of the bar journal, Communiqué per issue (e.g. January, February, March…) except for the month of July. (The June/July issue is combined and published in June.)
- Online, the classified ads are published on The Marketplace page of the CCBA website through the calendar month (e.g. August 1 through August 31).
- CCBA Member Rate is $25 for the first 30 words plus $.50 per additional word.
- Non-Member Rate is $50 for the first 30 words plus $1.00 per additional word.
- For print placement, ad copy and remittance must be received by the 1st of the month preceding cover (i.e., December 1 for the January issue). Communiqué is not published in the month of July. The combined June/July issue is released in June.
- For online placement, ad copy and remittance must be received by the 28th of the month preceding the desired calendar month (i.e., December 28 for January 1 through January 31 exposure). Unless otherwise noted, CCBA may take up to 72 hours to post online after confirmed placement. There is no discount for partial month placement; placements accepted after the 1st of the month do not receive a pro-rated discount.
Classified ad formatting:
- Ads are to be comprised of text only; no logos, images, or special format requests will be accepted.
- Ads may run in alphabetic order under a listed category (e.g., Employment, Office Space, Services). You may suggest a category; however, classification of all ads is at the editor’s discretion and may be changed without notice.
- Any element surrounded by spaces is a word. Any word commonly found in the dictionary counts as one word, as do abbreviations, phone numbers, portions of an address, e-mail addresses, Web sites and URLs. Punctuation is free.
- Please check your ad for accuracy. Communiqué is not responsible for errors that appear after the first edition is distributed.
- Classifieds are non-commissionable and must be paid in advance.
- The advertiser assumes all responsibility for materials and copy submitted to be published.
- It is expressly understood that the advertiser and advertising agency will indemnify, defend and hold the publisher and its agents, servants, directors and employees harmless from and against any and all losses, expenses or other liabilities resulting from any claims or suits for libel, violation or rights of privacy, plagiarism, copyright infringement, and any other claims or suits that may arise out of the publication of such an advertisement, including reasonable lawyer’s fees in defending against any such claim.
- The publisher shall not be liable for any damages if for any reason he fails to publish an advertisement. In the event of an error in the advertisement caused by the publisher, its agents, directors or employees, the liability of the publisher for those individuals will not exceed the cost of the placement paid by the advertiser for the original/erroneous copy. No allowance will be made for errors that do not materially affect the value of the advertisement.
- Advertising material will be limited to the products and services provided by the advertiser.
- All materials and copy will be subject to the final approval of the publisher as to quality and content of ads.
- All advertisers must adhere to all specification, standards and policies contained on this official rate card.