Judges Sought for UNLV Moot Court Competition
Update (4/15/2019): Thanks to all who have volunteered. We now have enough volunteers, and no more volunteers are needed at this time.
The CCBA New Lawyers Committee is organizing volunteers to judge the law students during the competition rounds of the 21st Annual Moot Court Competition at William S. Boyd School of Law on April 19-20 2019. See below to learn more about how to volunteer.
21st Annual Moot Court Competition
- Dates: Friday, April 19, 2019 (6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.) – Preliminary Rounds
- Saturday, April 20, 2019 (9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.) – Semi-Final Rounds
- Monday, April 22, 2019 (6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.) – Final Rounds
- Location: William S. Boyd School of Law, 4505 S. Maryland Parkway, Las Vegas, NV 89154
- Sponsor: Bank of Nevada, Clark County Bar Association
All members of the Nevada bar and bench are invited to participate. To qualify to judge at the moot court competitions, the volunteer must be at least a law school graduate.
To volunteer to be a judge at one or both of these events, Nevada lawyers, judges, and mediators may register online via the appropriate links provided above or contact the CCBA New Lawyers Committee Co-Chair Amanda Stevens, Esq.
Volunteers will be provided with instructions and materials regarding the competition(s) as the date approaches. Judging the competition qualifies as pro bono service (pursuant to NRPC 6.1)!