Recorded CLE Seminars
(2013) 4th Annual Asset Protection – A Practical Primer
Credits: 3 General CLE Credits
Note regarding price for CCBA’s CLE Passport holders: If you want to order this title using your pre-paid CLE Passport, then do not make your order on this website. Simply send a request via e-mail to Steph at the CCBA for a link to download the file directly.
Course description: From the underlying substantive law to practical aspects of asset protection planning (i.e., what works and what does not), this program teaches how to protect assets from plaintiffs and creditors. Covered are specific planning strategies and solutions, including planning with community property, business entities and domestic and foreign trusts. Specific emphasis is placed on protecting assets in a troubled economy, including protection from lenders and landlords holding personal guarantees.
- Practical aspects of planning contrasted with legal theories, including last-minute planning
- Planning to protect specific assets, including houses, rental properties, bank accounts and retirement plans
- Planning for specific clients before and after lawsuits, planning to protect from specific types of plaintiffs and creditors
- Planning with and for business entities, including domestic and foreign corporations, LLCs and limited partnerships
- Picking correct entities and jurisdictions
- Usefulness of domestic and foreign asset protection trusts
Speaker: Jacob Stein, Esq., Klueger & Stein, LLP
This seminar was recorded on Thursday, June 20, 2013.
Policy for Rental and/or Purchase of CCBA’s Recorded CLE Seminars:
- All DVD rentals are due back within two weeks of receipt. There will be a $10 fee/week for late items. There will be a $100 fee for lost or stolen items.
- If you want to purchase the Audio CD or DVD, then an additional $20 will be charged per item and may require at least 72 hours to process and prepare for delivery.
- When purchasing, CLE declarations verifying attendance will be available at the time of purchase only.
- When renting, CLE declaration verifying attendance will be available upon return of the undamaged rental item.
- If you want to share a CLE seminar with others at your firm, then an additional fee per credit is due for each additional person who will request credit. Such a request cannot be completed through our website. To process such a request, then a separate order form must be submitted to CCBA with appropriate payment. The rate for the additional items is based on the number of credits available per item (1 Credit – $15 additional, 2 Credits – $30 additional, 3 Credits – $45 additional.) The order must include the name and bar number for each additional viewer/listener. To share a seminar, please use the order form ccba-cle-av-library-catalog (PDF) and send in with payment to the Clark County Bar Association, P.O. Box 657, Las Vegas, NV 89125. Call CCBA at 702-387-6011 with questions.
- It is the seminar attendee’s responsibility to file CLE declarations with the CLE Board.
- The Clark County Bar Association does NOT keep CLE records for audio / visual seminar attendees.
- If you attended the live seminar or have previously rented or purchased any of these titles, credit will not be awarded again.