CCBA Community Service Activities
Members of the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) are invited to provide outreach services to the community at large in southern Nevada. See below for a list of upcoming community service activities organized by the CCBA Community Service Committee:
Community Dinner Service at Las Vegas Rescue Mission
– An opportunity for CCBA members to help serve and clean up for the community dinner hosted by Las Vegas Rescue Mission.
- When: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at 4:15 p.m.
- Where: Las Vegas Rescue Mission, 480 W. Bonanza Rd. 89106
- What: Arrive at inside Building 11 (Dining Hall) promptly at 4:15 p.m. and no later than 4:30 p.m. Volunteers will serve and clean up and clean up for the community dinner. Once volunteers enter the dining hall, there is an area for volunteers to sign in, get an apron, hairnet and gloves. Around 4:40 the kitchen manager will assign everyone to a position. As the meal is wrapping up around 5:50, volunteers will be asked to wipe down tables, chairs, and sweep. Volunteers should be done about 6:15.
- Dress code: Volunteers are to wear closed-toed shoes, long pants, and at least a t-shirt (no tank tops).
- Who: 30 members of the bar, including any friends and/or family. Volunteers who are age 14 – 17 must be accompanied by an adult who serves alongside them in the dining hall.
- RSVP to volunteer: To sign up, contact Steph at (702) 387-6011 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blanket The Homeless
- Distribution of blankets: Fall 2019
- Where: [TBA]
- Donations: Donations made after September may be used towards the purchase of blankets the following year. Submit donations (cash, check, credit card) tagged with “Blanket the Homeless ” to either organization:
- Clark County Bar Association (CCBA), a 501(c)(6) non-profit org., 717 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101. Phone: (702) 387-6011.
- Clark County Law Foundation (CCLF), a 501(c)(3) non-profit org., 725 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, NV, 89101. Phone: (702) 333-8277. All donations to CCLF may be tax-deductible. CCLF’s Federal Tax ID is #88-0320324.
Note: Please do NOT donate blankets. We will be purchasing new rescue blankets.