CCBA Community Service Activities
Members of the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) are invited to provide outreach services to the community at large in southern Nevada. See below for a list of upcoming community service activities organized by the CCBA Community Service Committee:
Downtown Cultural Series
– An opportunity for the public and the bar members to spend an hour listening to a free cultural performance. Complimentary light refreshments are served (while supplies last).
- When: April 19, 2019 – Performance featuring Twin Peaks Brass. Pre-performance speaker: Nicholas A. Trutanich, United States Attorney, District of Nevada. Speaker’s topic: National Drug Take Back Day (on Saturday, April 27, 2019 – locations throughout Las Vegas)
- Time: Time: 11:50 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Event begins with attorney speaker at podium to present a short public service announcement to educate the public on a general legal topic and followed by longer performance by a musician(s)/artist(s).
- Where: Jury Assembly Room, Lloyd D. George U.S. Courthouse, 333 Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas
- About: The Downtown Cultural Series is produced by the City of Las Vegas held at the Lloyd D. George U.S. Courthouse. The City of Las Vegas arranges for the entertainment and food. The Clark County Bar Association arranges for the speaker to address the audience before the performance begins.
Feel Good Friday Donation Drive
– An opportunity for CCBA members to help homeless youth served by Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth
- Donations Sought: Bar members are asked to bring water, food, clothing, hygiene items and school supplies for homeless youth. They also like gift cards. Donations to be made at NPHY pop-up event.
- Pop-up event:
- Friday, May 17, 2019, 1:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m. only (Set up begins at 1:45 p.m. that day)
- Cambridge Recreation Center, 3930 Cambridge St, Las Vegas, NV 89119
- Prior to pop-up event:
- Now through Thursday, May 16, 2019, 9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. only
- Clark County Bar Association, 717 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101
– An opportunity for CCBA members to provide law-related education to local students as organized by the State Bar of Nevada.
- When: Activities may occur on and about May 1, 2019
- Where: Various schools in Clark County
- What: Volunteers are asked to participate in activities related to Law Day with projects focused on law-related education at local schools. Specifically, bar members are invited to speak to the theme of this year’s topic: “Free Speech, Free Press, Free Society.” Learn more about the topic at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/initiatives_awards/law-day.html.
- Sign up: Contact Kathleen Dickinson, Law-Related Education State Coordinator, at 702-317-1408 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Learn more about supporting law-related education in Nevada from the State Bar of Nevada’s website at https://www.nvbar.org/for-lawyers/law-related-education-3/.
Community Dinner Service at Las Vegas Rescue Mission
– An opportunity for CCBA members to help serve and clean up for the community dinner hosted by Las Vegas Rescue Mission.
- When: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at 4:15 p.m.
- Where: Las Vegas Rescue Mission, 480 W. Bonanza Rd. 89106
- What: Arrive at inside Building 11 (Dining Hall) promptly at 4:15 p.m. and no later than 4:30 p.m. Volunteers will serve and clean up and clean up for the community dinner. Once volunteers enter the dining hall, there is an area for volunteers to sign in, get an apron, hairnet and gloves. Around 4:40 the kitchen manager will assign everyone to a position. As the meal is wrapping up around 5:50, volunteers will be asked to wipe down tables, chairs, and sweep. Volunteers should be done about 6:15.
- Dress code: Volunteers are to wear closed-toed shoes, long pants, and at least a t-shirt (no tank tops).
- Who: Bar members are invited to volunteer and to bring friends and family. However, space will be limited to the first 30 people who sign up. Interested CCBA members are asked to sign up ASAP.
- RSVP to volunteer: To sign up, contact Steph at (702) 387-6011 or email@example.com.
Blanket The Homeless
- Distribution of blankets: Fall 2019
- Where: [TBA]
- Donations: Donations made after September may be used towards the purchase of blankets the following year. Submit donations (cash, check, credit card) tagged with “Blanket the Homeless ” to either organization:
- Clark County Bar Association (CCBA), a 501(c)(6) non-profit org., 717 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101. Phone: (702) 387-6011.
- Clark County Law Foundation (CCLF), a 501(c)(3) non-profit org., 725 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, NV, 89101. Phone: (702) 333-8277. All donations to CCLF may be tax-deductible. CCLF’s Federal Tax ID is #88-0320324.
Note: Please do NOT donate blankets. We will be purchasing new rescue blankets.