CCBA Community Service Activities
Members of the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) are invited to provide outreach services to the community at large in southern Nevada. See below for a list of upcoming community service activities organized by the CCBA Community Service Committee:
Downtown Cultural Series
- When: Third Friday of each month (from November 2018 through April 2019):
- November 16, 2018 √
- December 21, 2018 √
- January 18, 2019 √
- February 15, 2019 √
- March 15, 2019 √
- April 19, 2019
- Speaker scheduled already √
- Time: Time: 11:50 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Event begins with attorney speaker at podium to present a short public service announcement to educate the public on a general legal topic and followed by longer performance by a musician(s)/artist(s).
- Where: Jury Assembly Room, Lloyd D. George U.S. Courthouse, 333 Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas
- About: The Downtown Cultural Series is produced by the City of Las Vegas held at the Lloyd D. George U.S. Courthouse. The City of Las Vegas arranges for the entertainment and food. The Clark County Bar Association arranges for the speaker to address the audience before the performance begins.
CCBA Volunteer Day at Three Square
– An opportunity for CCBA members to help food-insecure persons served by Three Square’s food bank and food rescue programs.
- When: Saturday, February 23, 2019 (9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.)
- Where: Three Square Food Bank, 4190 N. Pecos Rd., Las Vegas, NV 89115
- What: Volunteers will pack grocery for individuals who receive meal assistance and mobile pantries.
- Who: Bar members are invited to bring friends and family. However, space will be limited to the first 30 people who sign up. Interested CCBA members are asked to sign up ASAP. Provide your contact info and the number of people you plan to bring with you to Steph at CCBA.
- About Saturday Sort-a-Thon activities: Volunteers may include produce and grocery packing for individuals who receive meal assistance and mobile pantries; sorting and packing donated food and non-food items; and office support. Volunteers may be standing, bending, lifting, and walking on concrete in non-climate controlled areas. Minimum age: 10 yrs old w/adult with signed minor release form for any volunteers ages 10-17 required. Dress code to wear: Pants or knee length shorts, t-shirt, closed-toe shoes, and a smile. No low-cut, mid-drift, or tank tops will be allowed. All volunteers must wear close-toed shoes!
Donation Drive to Benefit Hearts Alive Village
– An opportunity for CCBA members to help pets served by Hearts Alive Village Las Vegas (HAVLV).
- When: Now through Noon, March 15, 2019, Weekdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. through noon on March 15, 2019
- Drop-off location: Lobby at Naylor & Braster, 1050 Indigo Drive, Suite 200, Las Vegas NV 89145. Phone number is 702-420-7000.
- Donations Sought: Please donate items from the HAVLV wish list, including dog and cat food* (dry and wet), bedding, bowls, kongs, peanut butter, crates/kennels, treats, collars, leashes, cat litter pans, cat litter (scoopable), animal shampoo, gently used blankets and towels, scratching posts, carriers, bleach, brushes, nail trimmers, hand sanitizer, potty pads, kiddie pools, dog booties, dog sweaters and jackets. *Please do not donate pet food made in China.
Tour de Summerlin
- Date: Saturday, April 13, 2019
- Start times: [TBA] for the 80 mile ride, [TBA] for the 40 mile ride, [TBA] for the 20 mile ride
- Where: Downtown Summerlin
- CCBA Team Registration: We are organizing a team to ride. We need 10 people to sign up to qualify for the discounted rate on the entrance fee. To sign up with CCBA’s team, please complete the team form (PDF) and submit to Steph at CCBA. See PDF form: TDSRegForm2019.CCBA
- Questions about the ride and the CCBA team, can be directed to Mark Blackman at Wright, Finlay & Zak, LLP at (702) 475-3820 for more information.
Feel Good Friday
– An opportunity for CCBA members to help homeless youth served by Nevada Partnership for Homeless Youth
- When: Friday, May 17, 2019, from 1:45 p.m. – 3:45 p.m.
- Drop-off Location: Cambridge Recreation Center, 3930 Cambridge St, Las Vegas, NV 89119
- Donations Sought: Bar members are asked to bring water, food, clothing, hygiene items and school supplies for homeless youth. They also like gift cards.
– An opportunity for CCBA members to provide law-related education to local students as organized by the State Bar of Nevada.
- When: Activities may occur on and about May 1, 2019
- Where: Various schools in Clark County
- What: Volunteers are asked to participate in activities related to Law Day with projects focused on law-related education at local schools. Specifically, bar members are invited to speak to the theme of this year’s topic: “Free Speech, Free Press, Free Society.” Learn more about the topic at https://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/initiatives_awards/law-day.html.
- Sign up: Contact Kathleen Dickinson, Law-Related Education State Coordinator, at 702-317-1408 or email@example.com. Learn more about supporting law-related education in Nevada from the State Bar of Nevada’s website at https://www.nvbar.org/for-lawyers/law-related-education-3/.
Community Dinner Service at Las Vegas Rescue Mission
– An opportunity for CCBA members to help serve and clean up for the community dinner hosted by Las Vegas Rescue Mission.
- When: Tuesday, July 23, 2019 at 4:15 p.m.
- Where: Las Vegas Rescue Mission, 480 W. Bonanza Rd. 89106
- What: Arrive at inside Building 11 (Dining Hall) promptly at 4:15 p.m. and no later than 4:30 p.m. Volunteers will serve and clean up and clean up for the community dinner. Once volunteers enter the dining hall, there is an area for volunteers to sign in, get an apron, hairnet and gloves. Around 4:40 the kitchen manager will assign everyone to a position. As the meal is wrapping up around 5:50, volunteers will be asked to wipe down tables, chairs, and sweep. Volunteers should be done about 6:15.
- Dress code: Volunteers are to wear closed-toed shoes, long pants, and at least a t-shirt (no tank tops).
- Who: Bar members are invited to volunteer and to bring friends and family. However, space will be limited to the first 30 people who sign up. Interested CCBA members are asked to sign up ASAP.
- RSVP to volunteer: To sign up, contact Steph at (702) 387-6011 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Blanket The Homeless
- Distribution of blankets: Fall 2019
- Where: [TBA]
- Donations: Donations made after September may be used towards the purchase of blankets the following year. Submit donations (cash, check, credit card) tagged with “Blanket the Homeless ” to either organization:
- Clark County Bar Association (CCBA), a 501(c)(6) non-profit org., 717 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101. Phone: (702) 387-6011.
- Clark County Law Foundation (CCLF), a 501(c)(3) non-profit org., 725 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, NV, 89101. Phone: (702) 333-8277. All donations to CCLF may be tax-deductible. CCLF’s Federal Tax ID is #88-0320324.
Note: Please do NOT donate blankets. We will be purchasing new rescue blankets.