CCBA Community Service Activities
Members of the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) are invited to provide outreach services to the community at large in southern Nevada. See below for a list of upcoming community service activities organized by the CCBA Community Service Committee:
Community Dinner Service at Las Vegas Rescue Mission
CCBA members are invited to volunteer in a group activity to benefit the individuals and families served by the Las Vegas Rescue Mission.
- Date: Saturday, October 10, 2020, 4:15 p.m. to 6:15 p.m.
- Location: Las Vegas Rescue Mission, 480 W. Bonanza Rd. 89106
- Note: Participation is limited to 15 members of the CCBA (including any friends and/or family).
- Update (Spring 2020): Recently, the LVRM announced that is has cancelled all planned volunteer events (including our sign up to provide volunteers for the dinner service on 10/10/2020). We plan to circle back with the LVRM to set a date for our service activity. In the meantime, members may help LVRM with direct donations of items. The Las Vegas Rescue Mission is accepting essential donations of food, cleaning supplies, masks, latex gloves, toilet paper, and hygiene items. Learn more about the services they offer at visit https://vegasrescue.org/.
For more information, contact the CCBA Community Service Committee liaison Steph Abbott at StephanieAbbott@clarkcountybar.org.
A Salute to Women’s Suffrage Parade
CCBA members are invited to walk in this parade to celebrate the centennial anniversary of the 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.
- Date: Saturday, October 24, 2020
- Time: 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- CCBA’s parade entry (to walk as a group): Line up starts at 8:00 a.m. The parade staging area will begin at Atlantic Avenue/Water Street. Entries to be staged in their designated space by 9 a.m. The parade will start promptly at 10 a.m.
- Location: Water Street in Henderson
- Post-parade activities (tentative): Celebratory gathering at a nearby park where food trucks after the parade.
For more information, contact the CCBA Community Service Chair Paul Lal at email@example.com or CCBA committee liaison Steph Abbott at StephanieAbbott@clarkcountybar.org.
Blanket The Homeless
- Activity: A charity fundraiser to provide rescue blankets to local homeless people. Also, volunteers will be needed to help distribute blankets at an event in the fall.
- Donations: Donate online (via Mighty Cause) now! – Please select donation to be for “Blanket the Homeless.”
- Alternative to donating online, donations may be submitted via cash, check, credit card to either organization:
- Clark County Bar Association (CCBA), a 501(c)(6) non-profit org., 717 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101. Phone: (702) 387-6011.
- Clark County Law Foundation (CCLF), a 501(c)(3) non-profit org., 725 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, NV, 89101. Phone: (702) 333-8277. All donations to CCLF may be tax-deductible. CCLF’s Federal Tax ID is #88-0320324. Please tag payments for “Blanket the Homeless.”