Court Orders Updates to Adult Guardianship, Probate Case Assignments
Assignments Effective January 17, 2017
On December 27, 2016, Eighth Judicial District Court Judge David Barker signed an administrative order related to the assignment of adult guardianship and/or probate at this general jurisdiction court.
As cited in Administrative Order 16-10 (AO 16-10), pursuant to Eighth Judicial District Court Rule 1.30(b), the following updates become effective January 17, 2017:
- One half of all open and closed adult guardianship cases shall be randomly to Department M and Department S.
- All future adult guardianship cases shall be randomly assigned Department M, Department S, or Department 26.
- All future probate cases shall be randomly assigned to Department M, Department S, or Department 26 and these departments shall preside over such cases as prescribed by Eighth Judicial District Court Rules, 4.06, 4.07, and 4.08.
- Court Administration shall publish a list of those cases affected by this reassignment on the court’s website. See “Court News” at http://www.clarkcountycourts.us.
- In the event Department M, Department S, or Department 26 is peremptorily challenged, recuses or is disqualified from a probate case or adult guardianship case, the case shall be randomly reassigned to one of the remaining departments.
- In the event Department M, Department S, or Department 26 are all peremptorily challenged, recuse or are disqualified from a probate case or adult guardianship case, the case shall be reassigned to the Chief Judge.
- Administrative Order 16-10 shall supersede AO 10-02, AO 11-05, AO 15-02, AO 15-06, and AO 15-08.
For more information, read AO 16-10. See 2-page PDF available to download: ejdc-ao-16-10.
Note related story regarding minor guardianship cases, “Clark County Court Order Re-Assigns Minor Guardianship Cases,” ClarkCountyBar.org, December 27, 2016, http://www.clarkcountybar.org/clark-county-court-order-re-assigns-minor-guardianship-cases/