Clark County Bar Honors Volunteers, Elects Leaders
Highlights from the Clark County Bar Luncheon & Annual Meeting
On December 12, 2019, CCBA President Jason Stoffel hosted the the Clark County Bar Luncheon & Annual Meeting,” a special event sponsored by Bank of Nevada, First Legal, Peak IT Group, and MediLegal, A Professional Nursing Corporation, at the Grotto Ristorante at the Golden Nugget in downtown Las Vegas. This special event featured the presentation of awards to members and supporters of the CCBA’s activities and services, the election of the 2020 CCBA Executive Board, and special guest speakers. Highlights of the awards and the election follow.
CCBA President Jason Stoffel welcomed guests, presented awards to volunteers, and thanked his colleagues for their membership and support of the association during 2019. Special thanks were given to event sponsors representatives: Bank of Nevada vice president/loan officer Jeff Miracle; First Legal president of investigations Don Fritsch; Peak IT Group business advisor Randy Golla; and MediLegal, Inc. legal nurse consultant Tracy Albee.
Special guest speakers, Tom Letizia of Letizia Agency and David Thomas of Policy Communications, each addressed the topic of judicial campaigns in southern Nevada.
During the event, CCBA members cast votes to elect nominees to the CCBA executive board, including:
- Brandon P. Kemble of City of Henderson
- Paul C. Ray of Paul C. Ray, Chtd.
- Mark S. Blackman of BDF Law Group
- James T. Leavitt of Leavitt Legal Services, PC
- Alayne M. Opie of Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- Jacquelyn Franco of Backus Carranza & Burden
- Amanda Stevens of Battle Born Capital
CCBA President Jason Stoffel commented,
“Two outstanding candidates received the votes necessary to become a member of the CCBA Executive Board. Let’s wish all the best to new Board members Amanda Stevens and Jacquelyn Franco. The CCBA values their commitment and dedication to the Board and are excited to have them proudly serve. Congratulations Amanda and Jacquelyn!”
The elected members will serve with colleagues on the 2020 CCBA Executive Board which will be led by incoming CCBA President (’20) Mariteresa Rivera-Rogers of Wright Marsh & Levy, President-Elect James E. Harper of Harper Selim, and Secretary/Treasurer Nedda Ghandi of Ghandi Deeter Blackham Law Offices.
Bar committee leaders were honored for their service including CLE Committee Chair and Clark County Public Administrator Rob Telles, New Lawyers Committee Co-Chairs Jason Close of Close Law Group and Amanda Stevens of Battle Born Capital, and Publications Committee Chair Jacquelyn Franco of Backus Carranza & Burden.
Awards were presented to active bar members who provided exceptional service to the CCBA during 2019. See below for a list of people honored.
CCBA Volunteer Appreciation Awards:
- Volunteer of the Year Award: Jeffrey P. Luszeck of Solomon, Dwiggins & Freer, Ltd.
- Outstanding Board Member: Mariteresa Rivera-Rogers of Wright Marsh & Levy
- Ambassador of the Year Award: The Honorable Jerry Wiese, II of Eighth Judicial District Court
- CCBA Sponsor of the Year: Bank of Nevada
- Circle of Support Awards:
- Community Service Committee: Alicia Exley of Pecos Law Group
- CLE Committee: Stephen F. Smith
- New Lawyers Committee: Atif Sheikh of Law Offices of Atif Sheikh, PLLC
- Publications Committee: Alia Najjar, MD of Nutile Law
Gift baskets were offered to a few lucky attendees. The baskets were made possible from donations courtesy of Mariteresa Rivera-Rogers, James Harper, and Paul Ray.