CCLF Accepting Liberty Bell Award Nominations Through March 20, 2017
The Liberty Bell Award honors an individual who promoted a greater respect for the law and government in the community.
The Clark County Law Foundation is accepting nominations for the 2017 Liberty Bell Award. The Liberty Bell Award will be presented at a ceremony on Saturday, April 29, 2017 to kick off Law Week.
The recipient of the award is an individual in the community who upholds the rule of law, contributes to good government within the community, stimulates a sense of civic responsibility, and encourages respect for the law in the courts. The recipient’s contribution should speak to the mission of CCLF, which is: dedication to providing community service programs throughout Southern Nevada that are integrated with law-related education.
Past recipients include Clark County District Court Judge Elissa F. Cadish (Dept. 6) and Chief Deputy District Attorney Brigid Duffy (2016); Clark County District Court Judge Betsy Gonzalez (Dept. 11) and Former Las Vegas Justice Court Administrator, LaDeana Gamble (2015); Clark County District Court Judge Allan R. Earl, Ret., and Former Nevada Secretary of the Senate, David Byerman (2014); Clark County District Court Judge Gloria J. Sturman (Dept. 26) and George and Doree Dickerson (2013); Mr. Samuel Lionel and Mr. Irwin Molasky (2012); Nevada Supreme Court Justice Michael L. Douglas (then-Chief) (2011); Judge Nancy C. Oesterle, Las Vegas Township Justice Court (Dept. 6) and attorney Robert Nelson-Kortland (2010); North Las Vegas Justice Court Judge Stephen Dahl (2009); Retired Chief Justice of the Nevada Supreme Court A. William Maupin (2008); and Bill Curran, Partner, Ballard Spahr, LLP (2007).
Please nominate someone you feel meets the following criteria:
- Promotes a better understanding of our Constitution and the Bill of Rights
- Encourages greater respect for the law and the courts
- Stimulates a deeper sense of individual responsibility so citizens recognize their duties as well as their rights
- Contributes to the effective functioning of our governmental institutions
- Fosters a better understanding and appreciation of the law
Nominations must include:
- First and last name
- Phone number
- A brief description of this person or organization, how he or she has contributed to our community , and how he or she meets the criteria mentioned above. In your description, make sure to include any organizations this person is currently involved in and what his or her contribution has been.
Submit nominations by Monday, March 20, 2017 to: Patrick Montejano, Program Director, Clark County Law Foundation, 725 S. 8th Street Ste. 200, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101. Fax: (702) 405-0746. E-mail: email@example.com.
Source: Patrick Montejano, Program Director, Clark County Law Foundation