CCBA Honors Volunteers from 2018 and Elects Leaders for 2019
On December 13, 2018, the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) honored volunteers and elected leaders during the CCBA’s Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon and Annual Meeting sponsored by Bank of Nevada and held at Grotto Ristorante inside the Golden Nugget in downtown Las Vegas. Photo from the event may be viewed online at https://photos.app.goo.gl/UtSxEhtQ9updQpHGA. Highlights of the awards and the election follow.
CCBA President John Aldrich welcomed guests, presented awards to volunteers, and thanked his colleagues for their membership and support of the association during 2018.
Featured speaker Nevada Supreme Court Justice Elect Elissa Cadish shared her thoughts about judicial independence and the justice system and encouraged attorneys to continue the discussion with colleagues, friends, and the public.
Bank of Nevada Vice President/Loan Officer Jeff Miracle invited bar members to learn more about the bank’s professional banking services available to law firms. Bank of Nevada and First Independent Bank, divisions of Western Alliance Bank, Member FDIC, have increased the amount of interest paid on Lawyer Trust Accounts, known as IOLTA funds, which are used to support legal aid organizations.
Elected nominees, Heather Anderson-Fintak of Southern Nevada Health District and Joel Henriod of Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP, will serve with colleagues on the 2019 CCBA Executive Board which will be led by CCBA President Jason P. Stoffel of Roberts Stoffel Family Law Group, President-Elect Jennifer Roberts of UNLV International Center for Gaming Regulation, and Secretary/Treasurer Mariteresa Rivera-Rogers of Wright Marsh & Levy.
Bar committee leaders were honored for their service including CLE Committee Chair Rob Telles of Accolade Law, New Lawyers Committee Co-Chairs Jason Close of Close Law Group and Amanda Stevens of Battle Born Capital, and Publications Committee Heather Anderson-Fintak of Southern Nevada Health District.
Particularly active bar members were honored for providing exceptional service to the CCBA during 2018:
- Volunteer of the Year Award: Sarah Thornton of Sarah Thornton Public Relations
- Outstanding Board Member: Joel Henriod of Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP
- Ambassador of the Year Award: Judge Gloria Sturman of Eighth Judicial District Court, Department XXVI
- CCBA Sponsor of the Year: Bank of Nevada
- Circle of Support Awards:
- Community Service Committee: Alicia Exley of Vegas East Attorneys
- CLE Committee: Probate Commissioner Wesley Yamashita of Eighth Judicial District Court
- New Lawyers Committee: Amanda Stevens of Battle Born Capital
- Publications Committee: Alia Najjar, MD, Esq. of Wilson Elser
Gift baskets were offered to a few lucky attendees including Erin Houston, Noah Malgeri, Alia Najjar, and Stephen Smith. The baskets were made possible from donations courtesy of Mariteresa Rivera-Rogers, Joel Henriod, James Harper, Paul Ray, Alayne Opie, Jennifer Roberts, and John Aldrich.