Legislative Update from Attorneys Serving in the Nevada Legislature – a CLE seminar
This event is presented by Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) for the continuing legal education (CLE) of Nevada’s lawyers. CCBA is an Accredited Provider with the NV CLE Board.
- Speakers: Nevada Assemblywoman Lesley Elizabeth Cohen, Esq.; Assemblywoman Shea Backus, Esq.; and Assemblyman Edgar Flores, Esq.
- Course description: Join us for a review of the 80th Session of the Nevada Legislature. Learn about key legislation and highlights which may affect your practice, including:
- Immigration a. Laws impacting the practitioner
- Civil Litigation a. Laws impacting court rules
- Health Care a. Surprise Billing b. Power of Attorneys
- Education a. Funding b. MBT tax issue
- Criminal Justice Reform a. Omnibus Changes b. Elections – Access to the Polls
- Tips from the Legislator – a. How to find if a law impacts your area of practice. b. Constituent Services c. Getting ideas about bills to legislators &/or interim committees ahead of 2021
- Date: Wednesday, September 25, 2019
- Time: 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. Check-in & Networking begins at 12:30 p.m.
- Location: Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada
- Offers: 2.0 General CLE Credits for Nevada lawyers
- Fee: $50 per CCBA member, $90 per Non-member, free for CCBA CLE Passport (2019) holder, and free per CCBA Member who takes a new pro bono case from LACSN’s Pro Bono Project (see http://www.lacsnprobono.org/available-cases/).
- To attend, RSVP with attendee’s name and payment to Clark County Bar Association (via Constant Contact) at http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=vnreympab&oeidk=a07eghml2zu6efa6b03, phone to 702-387-6011, or completed registration form. See PDF download: 2019-Legislative-Update-CLE-Reg-Form
CCBA’s CLE Programming is sponsored by: Bank of Nevada
Details2019-09-25 13:00:002019-09-25 15:00:00America/Los_AngelesLegislative Update from Attorneys Serving in the Nevada Legislature – a CLE seminarLegal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, 725 E. Charleston Blvd., Las Vegas, NV
|Event Starts||Event Ends|