Frightening Financial Transactions and How to Avoid Them – a CLE seminar
CCBA’s CLE Programming is sponsored by: Bank of Nevada
This event is presented by Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) for the continuing legal education (CLE) of Nevada’s lawyers. CCBA is an Accredited Provider with the NV CLE Board. Seating will be limited. To attend, RSVP to the CCBA ASAP. See below for event details and registration forms.
- Speaker: State Bar of Nevada Counsel Dan Hooge
- Course description: Hear of chilling accounts and learn from foolish fates at this live ghost-story of a presentation on how to avoid frightening financial transactions. Topics for discussion:
- Client Engagement (a. Area of competence, b. Firm’s financial resources, c. Screening high-risk clients, d. Peer-to-Peer Payments, e. Liens and Lienholders);
- Client Trust Accounts (a. Unidentified Disbursements, b. Commingling, c. Record Keeping, d. Checks and Balances to prevent embezzlement, e. Peer-to-Peer Payments, f. Liens and Lienholders)
- Business deals with the client (a. Loans from client, b. Loans to client, c. Below market investments, d. Getting an interest in the litigation)
- Fees (a. Settlement authority, b. “Nonrefundable” fees, c. Lawyer withdrawal, d. No-risk contingencies)
- Discharge (a. Quantum Meruit, b. Unearned fees and Unincurred expenses)
- Offers: 2.0 Ethics CLE Credits for Nevada lawyers
- Date: Tuesday, October 29, 2019
- Time: 1:00 – 3:00 p.m. Check-in & Networking begins at 12:30 p.m.
- Location: Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada
- Attendance Fee: $50 per CCBA member, $90 per Non-member, free for CCBA CLE Passport (2019) holder, and free per CCBA Member who takes a new pro bono case from LACSN’s Pro Bono Project (see http://www.lacsnprobono.org/available-cases/).
- RSVP Deadline: Monday, October 28, 2019. Seating will be limited.
- To attend, RSVP with attendee’s name and payment to Clark County Bar Association (via Constant Contact) at http://events.constantcontact.com/register/event?llr=vnreympab&oeidk=a07eghmnet063e853b9, phone to 702-387-6011, or completed registration form. See PDF download: 2019-10-29-Frightening-Financial-Transactions-CLE-Reg-Form
Details2019-10-29 13:00:002019-10-29 15:00:00America/Los_AngelesFrightening Financial Transactions and How to Avoid Them – a CLE seminarLegal Aid Center of Southern Nevada, 725 E. Charleston Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89101
|Event Starts||Event Ends|