Clark County Bar Luncheon Featuring NV Bar Counsel Dan Hooge
Clark County Bar Luncheon
- Ethics CLE Event: Offers 1.0 ethics continuing legal education credit for Nevada lawyers
- Topic: Proactive Self-Regulation: Creating an ethical infrastructure to prevent misconduct and avoid discipline
- CLE Program Description: Dan Hooge, Bar Counsel, State Bar of Nevada, will speak on the topic of “Proactive Self-Regulation: Creating an ethical infrastructure to prevent misconduct and avoid discipline.” Experts in Attorney Regulation have long worked to develop policy and initiatives that move the lawyer regulatory system away from a primarily prosecutorial (i.e. reactive) focus towards one of prevention. Proactive regulation offers a preventive approach to help lawyers and law firms assess and develop their own ethical infrastructures to improve the delivery of legal services and client relations. Bar counsel will walk you through a series of self-assessment questions based on professional conduct and risk. Attorneys and firms can then implement policies and procedures before a client becomes unhappy and complains to the State Bar. Proactive self-regulation keeps clients happy and prevents discipline. Illinois and Colorado have adopted proactive self-regulation initiatives, other U.S. jurisdictions are studying them, and they have been implemented elsewhere with positive feedback and results.
- When: Thursday, June 20, 2019 – Check-in & networking: 11:30am-12:00; Luncheon & CLE program: 12:00-1:30p.m.
- Where: Morton’s The Steakhouse, 400 E. Flamingo Rd., Las Vegas
- Who: This event is open to attendance by all members of the Nevada legal community; however, seating will be limited to persons who RSVP and provide payment to the Clark County Bar Association by the published deadline.
- Entrée options (one per person):
- 9 oz. Ribeye Steak
- Broiled Salmon Fillet w/ Beurre Blanc Sauce
- Chicken Christopher, Pasta Primavera (veggie)
- Pasta w/ Grilled Vegetables (vegan)
- Attendance Fee (per person):
- $45 per CCBA member
- $55 per non-member
- RSVP Deadline: RSVP now (via Constant Contact) at http://ow.ly/XMCM30ojHYD by Friday, 6/14/2019, with payment to Clark County Bar Association, 717 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, NV, 89101. Phone: 702-387-6011.
Details2019-06-20 12:00:002019-06-20 13:30:00America/Los_AngelesClark County Bar Luncheon Featuring NV Bar Counsel Dan HoogeMorton’s The Steakhouse, 400 E. Flamingo Rd., Las Vegas
|Event Starts||Event Ends|