CCBA Community Service Activities (Fall 2018)
This fall, CCBA’s members are invited to volunteer and provide support for CCBA’s upcoming community service activities:
- 2018 Las Vegas Heart Walk
- CCBA Volunteer Night at Three Square
- When: Tuesday, September 25, 2018 (5:30 p.m. -7:30 p.m.)
- Where: Three Square Food Bank, 4190 N. Pecos Rd., Las Vegas, NV 89115
- Activity: Volunteers will pack kid-friendly foods into bags that will be delivered by Three Square Food Bank to kids at the end of the school day on Fridays. There are several activities occurring during the BackPack session which include stuffing bags with food, replenishing stock, tying the bags and placing them into the school bins. Minimum age: 10 yrs old w/adult with signed minor release form for any volunteers ages 10-17 required. All volunteers must wear close-toed shoes!
- Sign up: Contact Steph at CCBA, 702-387-6011.
- Blanket The Homeless
- When: Ongoing through September 2018
- What: Volunteers to raise money to distribute rescue blankets to homeless people in Las Vegas area
- How to support Blanket The Homeless: Submit financial donations (cash, check, credit card) tagged with “Blanket the Homeless ” to either organization:
- Clark County Bar Association (CCBA), a 501(c)(6) non-profit organization, 717 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101. Phone: (702) 387-6011.
- Clark County Law Foundation (CCLF), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, 725 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, NV, 89101. Phone: (702) 333-8277. Online donations to Clark County Law Foundation via a PayPal link. All donations to CCLF may be tax-deductible. Federal Tax ID #88-0320324.
- NOTE: Please do NOT donate blankets. The blankets will be purchased by the Clark County Law Foundation and distributed to local charities that serve the homeless people in the Las Vegas area.
- Blanket Delivery: CCBA members may volunteer to distribute blankets directly to people during the Project Homeless Connect event scheduled for November 20, 2018. For more information and to sign up to volunteer for this activity, contact Steph at CCBA.
- Downtown Cultural Series –Supporting the City of Las Vegas Cultural Affairs Division, US District Court – District of Nevada
- What: Various musicians and performances (Fall 2018 – Spring 2019) perform for the public during lunchtime after a short presentation about a general legal-related topic made by a local attorney.
- When: [TBA]
- Where: Jury Assembly Room, Lloyd D. George U.S. Courthouse, 333 Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas
- Activity: Attorneys may volunteer to make a brief presentation to the audience BEFORE the musicians take the stage. To volunteer to be the speaker, contact Steph at CCBA at (702) 387-6011.
- About: The Downtown Cultural Series is produced by the City of Las Vegas held at the Lloyd D. George U.S. Courthouse. The City of Las Vegas arranges for the entertainment and food. The Clark County Bar Association arranges for the speaker to address the audience before the performance begins.
For more information about, contact Steph at CCBA office, 702-387-6011.