CCBA 2018 Executive Board Election Information
On Thursday, December 14, 2017, attorney members of the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) are expected to vote for nominees to serve on the 2018 CCBA Executive Board of Directors. Officers will serve for one year. Directors will serve for two years. This year’s ballot is uncontested with eight nominees for the eight available positions. See below for more information about the election of the 2018 CCBA Executive Board of Directors.
2018 CCBA Executive Board of Directors
- President 2018: John P. Aldrich, Esq. of Aldrich Law Firm Ltd.
- President-Elect 2019: Jason P. Stoffel, Esq. of Roberts Stoffel Family Law Group
- Secretary/Treasurer 2018: Jennifer Roberts, Esq. of UNLV International Center for Gaming Regulation
- Nominee: Mark Blackman, Esq. of Wright, Finlay & Zak
- Nominee: Nedda Ghandi, Esq.* of Ghandi Deeter Blackham Law Offices
- Nominee: James E. Harper, Esq.* of Harper Selim
- Joel Henriod, Esq. of Lewis Roca Rothgerber Christie LLP
- Nominee: Brandon P. Kemble, Esq.* of City of Henderson
- Nominee: James T. Leavitt, Esq. of Leavitt Legal Services, PC
- Nominee: Paul C. Ray, Esq.* of Paul C. Ray, Chtd.
- Nominee: Mariteresa Rivera-Rogers, Esq.* of Wright Stanish & Winckler
- Nominee: Brenda Weksler, Esq.* of the Federal Public Defender’s Office
- Judicial Appointee: The Honorable Jerry A. Wiese, II of Eighth Judicial District Court, Department 30
- Ex Officio: Tami D. Cowden, Esq. of Greenberg Traurig, LLP – President 2017
*Denotes person currently serving on the board.
On Thursday, December 14, 2017, members may cast their votes for candidates in either of two locations, as follows:
- 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. at the CCBA Office, 717 S. Eighth St., Las Vegas, NV 89101
- 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the CCBA Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon and Annual Meeting, Grotto Ristorante inside the Golden Nugget, 129 East Fremont Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101.
- 2:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. at the CCBA Office, 717 S. Eighth St., Las Vegas, NV 89101
To attend the CCBA Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon and Annual Meeting, please RSVP to the CCBA by Friday, December 8, 2017. Get event RSVP forms and event details at https://www.clarkcountybar.org/ccba-events/ccba-luncheon-annual-meeting/
For members who cannot physically submit a ballot on the day of the election, then they can submit an absentee ballot declaration and a ballot before the election. Send to CCBA, P.O. Box 657, Las Vegas, NV, 89125 or to CCBA Communications Manager Steph Abbott at email@example.com. Declarations and ballots are available at CCBA’s offices during normal business hours (8 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday) and on CCBA’s website as an electronic file to download (PDF) at 2018-CCBA-Executive-Board-Election-Ballot-Absentee-Declaration
Contact: Steph Abbott, CCBA Communications Manager at (702) 387-6011.