August 2018 issue of COMMUNIQUÉ Published
We are pleased to announce the release of the August 2018 issue of COMMUNIQUÉ, the official publication of the Clark County Bar Association. This issue focuses on “Civil Rights” with select content relevant for Nevada lawyers and their support staff. Read these features online now:
- “10 Things to Know When Representing Prisoners in Civil Rights Claims” By Lauren Calvert, Esq.
- “New Laws Help Transform Sex Trafficking Victims to Survivors” By Jon Leleu, Esq. and Kerrie Kramer
- “Securing the First Right of Citizenship for the First Americans: The Continuing Struggle of Native Americans for the Right to Vote” By James Thomas Tucker, Esq.
In the 40-page issue (published in print and PDF versions), readers can find features related to the practice of law in Nevada, written by leaders from the bench and bar, including:
- “Don’t Stand By When You See Injustice” By CCBA President John P. Aldrich, Esq.
- “The Road to Recovery: Veteran’s Court 101” By Las Vegas Justice Court Judge Harmony Letizia
- “Nevada Appellate Court Summaries” by Joe Tommasino, Esq.
- “Pro Bono Corner: A CAP Attorney’s Rewarding Experience” By Wayne Hardy, Esq.
- “Departments: Bar Business, Member Moves, New Members, and Court Changes”
The August 2018 issue has been printed and dropped into the mail stream for delivery to members of the Clark County Bar Association.
Our next issue of COMMUNIQUÉ will be released in September 2018 with articles to focus on legal matters related to pharmaceuticals. Space is available in COMMUNIQUÉ for select businesses to showcase their professional services and products. Space reservations are required. Space is limited with placement only guaranteed to paid advertisements. For information about advertising, see COMMUNIQUÉ – Official Rate Sheet & Specs. For more information, contact Steph at Clark County Bar Association, 702-387-6011.