August 2016 issue of Bar Journal COMMUNIQUÉ Published
This issue focuses on the topic of guardianship matters in southern Nevada. The following articles were written by attorneys for attorneys:
- “Status of Guardianship Rules in the Eighth Judicial District Court” By Dara J. Goldsmith, Esq.
- “Guardianship Compliance” By Guardianship Compliance Administrator Riley Wilson
- “Representing Adults Facing and Under Guardianship Proceedings” By Adam Woodrum, Esq. and Homa Woodrum, Esq.
- “Common Delinquency Issues Encountered When Providing Pro-Bono Representation of Guardians or Representing Former Pro-per Guardians” By Ross E. Evans, Esq.
- “Providing Legal Representation to Adults Under Guardianship” By Christine Miller, Esq.
- “When do you need to seek Guardianship?” By Laura A. Deeter, Esq.
- “Can Guardianship Prevent Elder Abuse in Marriage?” By Erin Houston, Esq.
The following articles can be read in the full issue (print or PDF versions) of the publication:
- “Commission to Study the Administration of Guardianships in Nevada’s Courts” By Michael S. Sommermeyer
- “Administration of Guardianship Matters in Clark County” By Judge Cynthia Dianne Steel
- “Guardianship: All branches of government need to be all-in” By Chief Judge David Barker
- “Guardianship Case Summaries – Minor and Adult Guardianships at the Nevada Supreme Court Level” By Homa S. Woodrum, Esq.
To get the full issue, you can download the PDF file by clicking on the cover image above.
Also included in the printed magazine are practical features for Nevada attorneys including news from the courts and the legal community.
Readers can also enjoy “And Justice For All—A Tribute to Melanie Leigh Kushnir” by CCBA President Catherine M. Mazzeo, Esq. where she calls for bar members to take a pro bono case. After August, this particular message from the president will be available in the print or PDF copies of the August 2016 publication. The president’s page is updated with each issue of COMMUNIQUÉ.
The next issue of COMMUNIQUÉ will be released in September 2016. For more information about our publication and services, contact the CCBA staff at 702-387-6011.