Pro Bono Opportunities for Attorneys
Attorneys in Nevada may choose to take on the professional responsibility to render public interest service. This pro bono service may be done in a variety of ways—from performing free legal services to donating financially to an organization or group that provides pro bono services. Below are local agencies that could use your support.
- American Civil Liberties Union of Nevada – 601 S. Rancho Drive, Suite B11, Las Vegas, NV 89106. Phone: 702-366-1536
- Clark County Law Foundation – Trial By Peers (youth court program). 725 S. Eighth St, Las Vegas, NV 89101. Phone: 702-333-8277
- Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada – 725 E. Charleston Blvd., Las Vegas, NV 89104. Phone: 702-386-1070
- Nevada Legal Services – 530 S. 6th St., Las Vegas. Phone: 702-386-0404 or 866-432-0404
- Project REAL – 310 South 4th Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101. Phone: 702-388-7527
- Southern Nevada Senior Law Program – 530 South Las Vegas Blvd., Suite 310, Las Vegas, NV 89101, Las Vegas. Phone: 702-229-6644
- Supreme Court of Nevada Access to Justice Commission 800-254-2797
- Volunteer Attorneys for Rural Nevadans – 904 N. Nevada St., Ste. B, Carson City, NV 89702. Phone: 775-883-8278
- Washoe Legal Services - 299 S. Arlington Ave., Reno, NV 89501. Phone: 775-785-5721.
- Washoe County Senior Services. 1155 E. 9th St., Reno, NV 89512. Phone 775-328-2592.
Each October, the American Bar Association holds a special campaign to celebrate pro bono. “Celebrate Pro Bono” encourages attorneys to perform pro bono legal services in their communities. To see a map of pro bono events happening in your state, visit http://www.probono.net/celebrateprobono/event-map/
If you would like to have your agency’s information added to this database or if your agency’s information needs to be updated, please contact the Clark County Bar Association, (702) 387-6011 or email CCBA.
For more information on pro bono service, see RPC 6.1 of the Nevada Rules of Professional Conduct (formerly known as SCR 191) in the Supreme Court Rules as adopted by the Supreme Court of Nevada. Supreme Court Rules are available online at www.leg.state.nv.us/CourtRules/SCR.html.