June 1, 2017: Summer Kick-Off BBQ
June 8, 2017: New Admittee Luncheon
June 22, 2017: Bar Luncheon Feat. Bank of Nevada CEO John Guedry
June 23, 2017: CCBA Baseball Night
[Date TBA], 2017: Books Behind Bars
October 25, 2017: Professional Portrait Session
Summer Kick-Off BBQ
An opportunity for members of the legal community to socialize and enjoy good BBQ at this open house hosted by the CCBA and sponsored by Elana & Ben Graham, Roberts Stoffel Family Law Group, Aldrich Law Firm, Ltd., Rich, Wightman & Company, CPAs, LLC, Martindale-Nolo Legal Marketing Network, and Wright Stanish & Winckler.
Date: Thursday, June 1, 2017
Time: 5:30 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
Location: Clark County Bar Association, 717 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, NV, 89101.
Fee: No charge
Featuring BBQ by: Sin City Smokers
Bonus Offer: At this event, CCBA attorney members may purchase of CLE Passport for only $150! Regularly priced at $200, the CLE Passport provides for 12 CLE credits via live or recorded CLE seminars offered by the CCBA. Note: This special offer will only be available for purchases made at this event.
Sponsor opportunities available at $25 and up. Contact: Donna Wiessner at CCBA (702) 387-6011.
New Admittee Luncheon
Date: Thursday, June 8, 2017
Time: 12:00-1:00 p.m.
Location: Regional Justice Center, Courtroom 3A
Sponsors: CCBA’s New Lawyers Committee and Judge Nancy Allf and sponsored by Nedda Ghandi, Esq. of Ghandi Deeter Blackham
CCBA Baseball Night
An opportunity for members of the legal community to socialize and enjoy a Las Vegas 51s baseball game at a special evening with Clark County Bar Association and sponsored by Elana & Ben Graham, Roberts Stoffel Family Law Group, Aldrich Law Firm, Ltd., Rich, Wightman & Company, CPAs, LLC, and Martindale-Nolo Legal Marketing Network.
Date: Friday, June 23, 2017
Time: 7:05 p.m. – Stay for the fireworks after the game!
Location: Cashman Field, 850 N Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89101
CCBA Ticket Offer: CCBA has reserved tickets, several rows behind third base, in the shaded area of the field. Only $10 per ticket for orders received by CCBA BEFORE June 7, 2017! CCBA Ticket includes $5 voucher for team store!
Fee: Early bird purchase at $10 per ticket by June 7, 2017. After June 7, the price will be $15 per ticket. To get the CCBA Ticket Offer, your order with payment must be received by the CCBA no later than Friday, June 16, 2017.All tickets purchased through the CCBA will be available for pick up at the CCBA at a date to be announced. Depending on location and upon request by the purchaser, tickets may be delivered to purchaser via runner. No rush delivery orders will be allowed; deliveries will be limited to select business districts within the beltway.
Sponsor opportunities available at $50 and up. Contact: Donna Wiessner at CCBA (702) 387-6011.
Books Behind Bars
An opportunity for bar members to help inmates at the Clark County Detention Center with non-legal reading material.
- Donation Date: Donations of non-legal books can be dropped off at the Circulation Desk at the Clark County Law Library, 309 S 3rd St #400, Las Vegas, NV 89101. Additional donation sites are welcome. If you would have a question about or host a donation box, please contact law student Seleste Hamilton.
- Delivery Date(s): Summer/Fall 2017 (details TBA). Volunteers to meet up at Clark County Law Library (to count/process books) before delivery to the Clark County Detention Center.
- Guidelines for book donations: No hardcovers, romance novels, “true crime” novels, or legal material. Books in Spanish welcome and needed too.
- About the project: The “Books Behind Bars” project is a community service effort by the Black Law Student Association and Criminal Law Society, Wieners-Rogers Law Library, Clark County Bar Association, Nevada Legal Services, and the Clark County Law Library to collect books for inmates at the Clark County Detention Center. This project is inspired by the belief that reading helps to reduce recidivism in inmates.
Professional Portrait Services
The Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) hosts sessions at the CCBA’s office for members to come sit for a portrait made by a professional photographer. Information about the next session is listed below.
- DATE: Wednesday, October 25, 2017
- TIME: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- LOCATION: Clark County Bar Association, 717 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101
Drop-ins are welcome.
Dress for success.
Portraits are for the CCBA to publish in the CCBA Members Directory at https://www.clarkcountybar.org/members/directory and in the bar journal Communiqué, as needed.
Members can purchase their portrait(s) directly from the photographer. Members will be offered special pricing. Special pricing will be made available from the photographer at Portraits to You for the individual to purchase his/her portrait(s) but only on the day of the portrait session.
|(1) Digital Image $79||(1) Digital Image $99|
|(2) Digital Images $99||(2) Digital Images $129|
|CD Mailed to You $10||CD Mailed to You $10|
Portraits to You is currently the preferred provider of portrait services to the Clark County Bar Association.
Blanket the Homeless
An opportunity for bar members to provide local homeless people with rescue blankets.
- Donation Date:Ongoing
- Financial Donations can be made directly to either the CCBA or the CCLF:
- Clark County Bar Association (CCBA), 717 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, NV, 89101. For check payments, please include a note with payment to benefit: “Blanket the Homeless.” Note: donations to the CCBA, a 501(c)(6) organization will not be tax-deductible.
- Clark County Law Foundation (CCLF), a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, may be tax-deductible. Federal Tax ID #88-0320324. Clark County Law Foundation, 725 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, NV, 89101. Donations can be made to CCLF online. See PayPal link at http://www.clarkcountylawfoundation.org/community-service/. Donations can be made to CCLF online. See PayPal link at http://www.clarkcountylawfoundation.org/community-service/.
- Delivery Date:[TBA]. Blankets will be ordered from the manufacturer in the early fall (late Sept-early Oct?) with delivery to local agencies that serve homeless people to be scheduled in the late fall (late Nov-early Dec?).
Downtown Cultural Series
Opportunity for members of the Clark County Bar to make a short, public address
Each season, the Clark County Bar Association organizes the speakers for this series of performances. The speakers must be attorney members of the CCBA who can speak to a topic of general interest and for consumption by a public audience who will be gathered to listen/watch the performances scheduled as part of the “Downtown Cultural Series” held monthly inside the Carol Fitzgerald Jury Assembly Room at the Lloyd D. George U.S. Courthouse. The speaker and the topic for their presentation is subject to approval and must be calendared in advance by the Clark County Bar Association.
Schedule for the 2017-2018 Season Performances*: [TBA]
*To volunteer to be a speaker at one of these events, contact Steph at CCBA via e-mail or phone at (702) 387-6011 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Typical schedule (on day of event):
- 11:50 a.m.-11:59 a.m. – Attorney speaker at podium to present public education
- 12:00 (noon) – 1:00 p.m. – Artists on stage to perform
Only attorneys who are members of the Clark County Bar Association will be selected to speak. There is no charge for the attorney to participate with appearances limited to once per season.
On the day of the performance, the scheduled speaker must be ready at the podium to start speaking by 11:50 a.m. and they must finish by 11:59 p.m. before the performers take the stage at noon.
Choose your own topic to present to the audience. The content of the 3-4 minute presentations are to educate the public, be kept general in nature, and be without any promotional content for their law practice, business, or advocacy of a political nature. Additionally, the speaker cannot distribute flyers or brochures to promote their law practice or business. The presentation should not lend the dignity of the court to any private interest. Topics are subject to approval. Suggested topics for a presentation include:
- Courts – judicial selection process for local, state, and federal judges
- Courts – jurisdiction of any one of the local or state courts
- Courts – jurisdiction of any one of the local federal courts, including general jurisdiction trial court, bankruptcy court, tax court, Social Security Administration, immigration court, tax court, court of appeals for veterans claims, etc.
- Elder law issues
- Jury and jury service
- Landlord/tenant resources
- Living wills
- Military legal assistance
- Tax law updates
More about the Downtown Cultural Series
Admission to attend the event is free and open to the public. Typically, a light refreshment buffet is made available for guests to enjoy during the event. The series is produced by the City of Las Vegas’ Office of Cultural Affairs with cooperation by the Lloyd D. George U.S. Courthouse. Performances vary and can include music, dance, and drama. The scheduled performers are subject to change without notice. For event details, visit the Downtown Cultural Series page at http://www.lasvegasnevada.gov/.
Sponsor a Bar Event
The Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) hosts events throughout the year for the members of our non-profit organization. Sponsorship opportunities are available to selected businesses. Learn more about sponsorship opportunities…