Meet Your Judges Mixer
Kaercher Insurance and NSM (dba Insurance for Lawyers – IFL)
Law Firm Sponsors:
Anat Levy & Associates, P.C.
Law Office of Lawrence C. Hill dba Nevada Lawyers for Less
Trivia Game Sponsor:
Date: Thursday, June 4, 2015
Time: 5:30-8:30 p.m. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
Location: The Mob Museum, 300 Stewart Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89101, Las Vegas
Ticket prices: $45/CCBA Member and $75/Non-member
Note: Judges from local, state, and federal courts in Nevada may attend complimentary, but they must register by the deadline of 5/29/15.
All members of the Nevada Bar and Bench, their staff, and the legal community are invited to attend this special event. Enjoy appetizers, desserts, and cool refreshments while networking in one of the valley’s most historic settings. Event highlights to include a trivia game about the National Museum of Organized Crime & Law Enforcement™. This event provides an opportunity for members of the legal community meet in a casual, social setting.
This private event is open to judges (local, state, and federal), attorneys, legal assistants, legal secretaries, law students, and merchants. Attendance levels at past events average 600 people. Business casual attire acceptable. This is a cocktail reception; no minors allowed. Please note more restrictions listed below.
To attend this event, please register ASAP but no later than May 29, 2015. There are two options to register:
- 1. Register for a sponsorship package (includes tickets). Get details about the various levels available to select businesses and law firms in this PDF: Sponsor-Meet-Your-Judges-Mixer-2015.
- 2. Register for individual tickets using one of the following methods:
- Register online (via Constant Contact)
- Fax or mail PDF form to CCBA: CCBA-MYJ-2015-Reg-Form
- Call CCBA at 702-387-6011
Please note these restrictions:
- THIS IS A TICKETED EVENT. No ticket, no entry, no exceptions. Ticket orders made through May 29, 2015 will be filled and delivered to purchaser. The Clark County Bar Association is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets.
- “WILL CALL” PICK-UP.
For ticket orders made AFTER May 29, 2015 but BEFORE June 4, 2015, CCBA will hold purchased tickets at the event registration table. Without prior registration, there is an additional $15 fee to be charged upon check-in at the event.
- CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY.
Registration will be refunded minus a $15 processing fee for all written cancellations, including return of tickets, received by Friday, May 29, 2015. No refunds will be issued after May 29, 2015.
Professional Portrait Session
DATE: Wednesday, June 17, 2015
TIME: 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.- Drop-ins are welcome!
LOCATION: CCBA Offices, 717 S. 8th Street (CCBA’S NEW LOCATION), Las Vegas, NV 89101
Nevada attorneys and their staff are invited to sit for a professional portrait. Please dress for success! Also, The photographer plan to use a “green” screen, so that you may select a background image.
The Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) is hosting this session as a service to the members of the bar. The portaits are for the CCBA to publish where and when as needed, including in CCBA’s printed publications and on CCBA’s websites.
CCBA Members will be offered a special price to purchase their portraits.
|Price to Purchase Your Portrait|
|(1) Digital Image $79||(1) Digital Image $99|
|(2) Digital Images $99||(2) Digital Images $129|
|Payments to Portraits to You. Purchase includes High Res Images emailed to you by Portraits to You. Retouching included.|
|Prices listed will only be available on the day of the portrait session at the CCBA.|
Portraits to You is currently the preferred provider of portrait services to the Clark County Bar Association.
Downtown Cultural Series
Public Speaking Opportunities Available for Attorney Members
The Clark County Bar Association is seeking attorney members to volunteer to speak to the crowd gathered for the performances scheduled as part of the “Downtown Cultural Series” held monthly inside the Linda Fitzgerald Jury Assembly Room at the Lloyd D. George U.S. Courthouse.
Schedule of Performances*:
- September 18, 2015
- October 16, 2015
- November 20, 2015
- December 18, 2015
- January 15, 2016
- February 19, 2016
- March 18, 2016
- April 15, 2016
Typical schedule (on day of event):
- 11:50 a.m.-11:59 a.m. – Attorney speaker at podium to present public education
- 12:00 (noon) – 1:00 p.m. – Artists on stage to perform
Attorney speakers must be ready at the podium to start speaking by 11:50 a.m. and they must finish by 11:59 p.m. before the performers take the stage at noon. Only attorneys who are members of the Clark County Bar Association will be selected to speak. There is no charge for the attorney to participate with appearances limited to once per season.
Choose your own topic to present to the audience. The content of the 3-4 minute presentations are to educate the public, be kept general in nature, and be without any promotional content for their law practice, business, or advocacy of a political nature. Additionally, the speaker cannot distribute flyers or brochures to promote their law practice or business. The presentation should not lend the dignity of the court to any private interest. Topics are subject to approval. Suggested topics for a presentation include:
- Courts – judicial selection process for local, state, and federal judges
- Courts – jurisdiction of any one of the local or state courts
- Courts – jurisdiction of any one of the local federal courts, including general jurisdiction trial court, bankruptcy court, tax court, Social Security Administration, immigration court, tax court, court of appeals for veterans claims, etc.
- Elder law issues
- Jury and jury service
- Landlord/tenant resources
- Living wills
- Military legal assistance
- Tax law updates
To volunteer, contact Steph at CCBA via e-mail or phone at (702) 387-6011 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
More about the Downtown Cultural Series
As free, public events, the demographic of the audience can vary. Past audiences have included visitors from local senior citizen centers, court staff, and locals simply enjoying their lunch watching talented performers. The series is produced by the City of Las Vegas’ Office of Cultural Affairs with cooperation by the Lloyd D. George U.S. Courthouse. Performances vary and can include music, dance, and drama. The scheduled performers are subject to change without notice. See http://www.artslasvegas.org/. Admission to attend the event as part of the audience is free and open to the public. The performers take the stage at noon and generally finish by 1:00 p.m. There is a light lunch buffet available for all to enjoy during the event.
Summary of Annual CCBA Events
Location: The Mob Museum, 300 Stewart Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89101, Las Vegas
- Thursday, January 16, 2014 – Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon & Executive Board Swearing In Ceremony
- Thursday, March 20, 2014 – 40 Year Club Induction Ceremony & Luncheon
- Thursday, May 22, 2014 – Feat. Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman
- Thursday, August 14, 2014 – Feat. Nevada Secretary of State Ross Miller
- Thursday, October 23, 2014 – [TBA]
- Thursday, December 11, 2014 – President’s Luncheon & Annual Meeting/Board Election
*Dates and information are subject to change without notice.
CCBA luncheons are typically held on the third Thursday except for the December Luncheon which is the second Thursday. Visit our Bar Luncheons page for information about the upcoming luncheon.
Sponsorships are available. Download the bar luncheon sponsorship information (PDF). Contact Donna at CCBA for more information. Phone: (702) 387-6011.