July 28, 2016: Bar ExamMixer
Bar Exam Mixer
Date: Thursday, July 28, 2016
Time: 2 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Location: Crown & Anchor British Pub, 1350 E. Tropicana Avenue, Las Vegas
After the NV Bar Exam is over, aspiring lawyers and licensed lawyers are invited to join us at the “Bar Exam Mixer”—a special event with complimentary appetizers & beverages sponsored by the CCBA’s New Lawyers Committee. Relax after the NV bar exam. Mix and mingle. Act responsibly. No RSVP necessary. No cover charge. No minors allowed.
Light The Night Walk
Join with the CCBA’s Community Service Committee in support of this important cause!
Date: Saturday, November 5, 2016
Walk & Parking Location: The Western Hotel, 899 E. Fremont Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101
- Pay tribute and bring hope to people battling blood cancers.
- Walk with Team CCBA.
- Donate to the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society (LLS).
- Sign-up online with Team CCBA.
- 4:00pm Registration opens & festivities begin
- 4:30pm Remembrance Ceremony
- 5:30pm Program on the Main Stage
- 6:00pm Walk begins
- 8:00pm After-party ends
Downtown Cultural Series
Opportunities Available for CCBA Members (Attorneys & Judges) to Make a Public Address
The Clark County Bar Association is seeking attorney members to volunteer to speak to the crowd gathered for the performances scheduled as part of the “Downtown Cultural Series” held monthly inside the Carol Fitzgerald Jury Assembly Room at the Lloyd D. George U.S. Courthouse.
Schedule for Next Season’s Performances*:
- Dates to be listed soon [to be updated during Summer 2016]
Typical schedule (on day of event):
- 11:50 a.m.-11:59 a.m. – Attorney speaker at podium to present public education
- 12:00 (noon) – 1:00 p.m. – Artists on stage to perform
Only attorneys who are members of the Clark County Bar Association will be selected to speak. There is no charge for the attorney to participate with appearances limited to once per season.
On the day of the performance, the scheduled speaker must be ready at the podium to start speaking by 11:50 a.m. and they must finish by 11:59 p.m. before the performers take the stage at noon.
Choose your own topic to present to the audience. The content of the 3-4 minute presentations are to educate the public, be kept general in nature, and be without any promotional content for their law practice, business, or advocacy of a political nature. Additionally, the speaker cannot distribute flyers or brochures to promote their law practice or business. The presentation should not lend the dignity of the court to any private interest. Topics are subject to approval. Suggested topics for a presentation include:
- Courts – judicial selection process for local, state, and federal judges
- Courts – jurisdiction of any one of the local or state courts
- Courts – jurisdiction of any one of the local federal courts, including general jurisdiction trial court, bankruptcy court, tax court, Social Security Administration, immigration court, tax court, court of appeals for veterans claims, etc.
- Elder law issues
- Jury and jury service
- Landlord/tenant resources
- Living wills
- Military legal assistance
- Tax law updates
To volunteer to be a speaker at one of these events, contact Steph at CCBA via e-mail or phone at (702) 387-6011 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
More about the Downtown Cultural Series
As free, public events, the demographic of the audience can vary. Past audiences have included visitors from local senior citizen centers, court staff, and locals simply enjoying their lunch watching talented performers. The series is produced by the City of Las Vegas’ Office of Cultural Affairs with cooperation by the Lloyd D. George U.S. Courthouse. Performances vary and can include music, dance, and drama. The scheduled performers are subject to change without notice. See http://www.artslasvegas.org/. Admission to attend the event as part of the audience is free and open to the public. The performers take the stage at noon and generally finish by 1:00 p.m. There is a light lunch buffet available for all to enjoy during the event.
Sponsor a Bar Event
The Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) hosts events throughout the year for the members of our non-profit organization. Sponsorship opportunities are available to selected businesses. Learn more about sponsorship opportunities…