May 18, 2016:SPRING SHRED-IT FEST – Bring papers to be destroyed
May 21, 2016: CCBA VOLUNTEER DAY – Join us at the Three Square food bank
June 16, 2016:MEET YOUR JUDGES MIXER – Register by June 3 to attend event
Spring Shred-It Fest
What: Shred-It Fest for Nevada & Clark County Bar Members
When: Wednesday, May 18, 2016 from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Where:State Bar of Nevada (parking lot), 3100 W. Charleston Boulevard, Las Vegas, Nevada 89102
Who: Bar members & their firms. No appointment needed.
Join us on Wednesday, May 18, 2016 at the State Bar’s office to have papers securely destroyed. Bring papers that need to be shredded. Shred-It Las Vegas will have a shredding truck on site for prompt, safe destruction of sensitive material. Bar members can bring up to 4 letter-sized “banker’s” boxes of paper to shred during the three-hour period.
Contacts:Lori Wolk/State Bar of Nevada at email@example.com or (702) 317-1436 or Donna Wiessner/CCBA at firstname.lastname@example.org or (702) 387-6011. Shred-it/Jeff Wale, email@example.com or 702-795-2323
CCBA Volunteer Day at Three Square
What: Saturday Sort-a-Thon at Three Square
When: Saturday, May 21, 2016 from 9:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Where: Three Square (Warehouse), 4190 N. Pecos Road, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89115
Who: Bar members & their families (ages 10 & up). Close-toe shoes required. RSVP to CCBA by Friday, May 20, 2016.
Join us on Saturday, May 21, 2016 at Three Square to volunteer to help sort and pack donated items for the needy. Activities may include produce and grocery packing for individuals who receive meal assistance and mobile pantries; sorting and packing donated food and non-food items; and office support. Volunteers may be standing, bending, lifting, and walking on concrete in non-climate controlled areas. Dress warm in the winter months and cool in the summer months. Closed-toe shoes are required.
Contact: Steph Abbott at (702) 387-6011 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
26th Annual Meet Your Judges Mixer
This event is hosted by the Clark County Bar Association with generous support by
|Premier Sponsor||Patron Sponsor||Display Sponsor||Law Firm|
Event Information: The Meet Your Judges Mixer is one of the most popular, annual, networking events for the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA). Open to judges, attorneys, legal assistants, legal secretaries, law students, merchants, candidates, and their guests, this event provides an opportunity for individuals to meet members of the local, state, and federal judiciary in a casual, social setting. Attendance levels in past events average 600 people. Business casual attire acceptable. This is a cocktail reception; no minors allowed.
Time: 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Where: Cili at Bali Hai Golf Club, 5160 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89119
Who: All members of the Nevada bar and local, state, federal bench
Admission Fee: $45/CCBA Member. $70/Non-member. Free/Nevada judiciary member (local/state/federal). Notes: Tickets are non-transferrable. Judges’ guest(s) may attend at CCBA member price. Judges and their guests must pre-register too.
This will be a private, ticketed event:
- Tickets are available to order online (via Constant Contact) and directly from the Clark County Bar Association with the event registration form (PDF): CCBA-MYJ-2016-Event-Reg-Form
- The best times for delivery of forms and payment are between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding major holidays. Phone: (702) 387-6011. FAX: (702) 387-7867.
- Ticket orders made through June 3, 2016 will be filled and delivered to purchaser. The Clark County Bar Association is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets.
- “Will call” pick-up available. For ticket orders made AFTER June 3, 2016 but BEFORE June 16, 2016, CCBA will hold purchased tickets at the event registration table. Without prior registration, there is an additional $15 fee to be charged upon check-in at the event.
- Review cancellation & refund policy. Registration will be refunded minus a $15 processing fee for all written cancellations—including return of the event’s tickets—received by Friday, June 3, 2016. No refunds will be issued after June 3, 2016.
Downtown Cultural Series
Public Speaking Opportunities Available for CCBA Members (Attorneys & Judges)
The Clark County Bar Association is seeking attorney members to volunteer to speak to the crowd gathered for the performances scheduled as part of the “Downtown Cultural Series” held monthly inside the Carol Fitzgerald Jury Assembly Room at the Lloyd D. George U.S. Courthouse.
Schedule of this Season’s Remaining Performances*:
- February 19, 2016
- March 18, 2016
- April 15, 2016
Typical schedule (on day of event):
- 11:50 a.m.-11:59 a.m. – Attorney speaker at podium to present public education
- 12:00 (noon) – 1:00 p.m. – Artists on stage to perform
Only attorneys who are members of the Clark County Bar Association will be selected to speak. There is no charge for the attorney to participate with appearances limited to once per season.
On the day of the performance, the scheduled speaker must be ready at the podium to start speaking by 11:50 a.m. and they must finish by 11:59 p.m. before the performers take the stage at noon.
Choose your own topic to present to the audience. The content of the 3-4 minute presentations are to educate the public, be kept general in nature, and be without any promotional content for their law practice, business, or advocacy of a political nature. Additionally, the speaker cannot distribute flyers or brochures to promote their law practice or business. The presentation should not lend the dignity of the court to any private interest. Topics are subject to approval. Suggested topics for a presentation include:
- Courts – judicial selection process for local, state, and federal judges
- Courts – jurisdiction of any one of the local or state courts
- Courts – jurisdiction of any one of the local federal courts, including general jurisdiction trial court, bankruptcy court, tax court, Social Security Administration, immigration court, tax court, court of appeals for veterans claims, etc.
- Elder law issues
- Jury and jury service
- Landlord/tenant resources
- Living wills
- Military legal assistance
- Tax law updates
To volunteer to be a speaker at one of these events, contact Steph at CCBA via e-mail or phone at (702) 387-6011 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
More about the Downtown Cultural Series
As free, public events, the demographic of the audience can vary. Past audiences have included visitors from local senior citizen centers, court staff, and locals simply enjoying their lunch watching talented performers. The series is produced by the City of Las Vegas’ Office of Cultural Affairs with cooperation by the Lloyd D. George U.S. Courthouse. Performances vary and can include music, dance, and drama. The scheduled performers are subject to change without notice. See http://www.artslasvegas.org/. Admission to attend the event as part of the audience is free and open to the public. The performers take the stage at noon and generally finish by 1:00 p.m. There is a light lunch buffet available for all to enjoy during the event.
Sponsor a Bar Event
The Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) hosts events throughout the year for the members of our non-profit organization. Sponsorship opportunities are available to selected businesses. Learn more about sponsorship opportunities…