Sept. 16, 2015: Professional Portrait Session
Sept. 17, 2015: The Law Guide Mixer at Ascaya
Sept. 18, 2015: Downtown Cultural Series – Volunteer speaker needed
Sept. 18, 2015: Attorney Memorial Service
Professional Portrait Session
DATE: Wednesday, September 16, 2015
TIME: 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.- Drop-ins are welcome!
LOCATION: Clark County Bar Association, 717 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101
Nevada attorneys and their staff are invited to sit for a professional portrait. The photographer plans to use a “green” screen, so that you may select from a variety background images. Please dress for success!
Portraits of CCBA’s members will be published in the CCBA Members Directory at https://www.clarkcountybar.org/members/directory.
Portraits will be published by the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) as needed in publications (print and web). CCBA Members will be offered a special price (from the photographer) to purchase a copy of their portraits for their own publishing needs. Learn more about this member benefit…
The Law Guide Mixer at Ascaya
Mix, Mingle & Meet Clark County Bar Association members and the Architects of Ascaya
All CCBA members are invited to attend this event in celebration of the release of the 2015 edition of The Law Guide a special publication of the Las Vegas Business Press. Enjoy complimentary cocktails and hors d’oeuvres in a relaxed, luxurious setting.
Date: September 17, 2015
Time: 5:30 pm – 8:00 pm
Location: Ascaya, One Ascaya Boulevard, Henderson, Nevada 89012
RSVP online at businesspress.vegas/CCBAevent
Clark County Bar Association members use code CCBA to attend this event for FREE.
Fee for non-members is $25.
This event is sponsored by: Nevada State Bank and Ascaya
Downtown Cultural Series
Public Speaking Opportunities Available for Attorney Members
The Clark County Bar Association is seeking attorney members to volunteer to speak to the crowd gathered for the performances scheduled as part of the “Downtown Cultural Series” held monthly inside the Linda Fitzgerald Jury Assembly Room at the Lloyd D. George U.S. Courthouse.
Schedule of Performances*:
- September 18, 2015 – Volunteer speaker needed
- October 16, 2015 – Volunteer speaker needed
- November 20, 2015 – Volunteer speaker needed
- December 18, 2015 – Volunteer speaker needed
- January 15, 2016 – Volunteer speaker needed
- February 19, 2016 – Volunteer speaker needed
- March 18, 2016 – Volunteer speaker needed
- April 15, 2016 – Volunteer speaker needed
Typical schedule (on day of event):
- 11:50 a.m.-11:59 a.m. – Attorney speaker at podium to present public education
- 12:00 (noon) – 1:00 p.m. – Artists on stage to perform
Only attorneys who are members of the Clark County Bar Association will be selected to speak. There is no charge for the attorney to participate with appearances limited to once per season.
On the day of the performance, the scheduled speaker must be ready at the podium to start speaking by 11:50 a.m. and they must finish by 11:59 p.m. before the performers take the stage at noon.
Choose your own topic to present to the audience. The content of the 3-4 minute presentations are to educate the public, be kept general in nature, and be without any promotional content for their law practice, business, or advocacy of a political nature. Additionally, the speaker cannot distribute flyers or brochures to promote their law practice or business. The presentation should not lend the dignity of the court to any private interest. Topics are subject to approval. Suggested topics for a presentation include:
- Courts – judicial selection process for local, state, and federal judges
- Courts – jurisdiction of any one of the local or state courts
- Courts – jurisdiction of any one of the local federal courts, including general jurisdiction trial court, bankruptcy court, tax court, Social Security Administration, immigration court, tax court, court of appeals for veterans claims, etc.
- Elder law issues
- Jury and jury service
- Landlord/tenant resources
- Living wills
- Military legal assistance
- Tax law updates
To volunteer to be a speaker at one of these events, contact Steph at CCBA via e-mail or phone at (702) 387-6011 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
More about the Downtown Cultural Series
As free, public events, the demographic of the audience can vary. Past audiences have included visitors from local senior citizen centers, court staff, and locals simply enjoying their lunch watching talented performers. The series is produced by the City of Las Vegas’ Office of Cultural Affairs with cooperation by the Lloyd D. George U.S. Courthouse. Performances vary and can include music, dance, and drama. The scheduled performers are subject to change without notice. See http://www.artslasvegas.org/. Admission to attend the event as part of the audience is free and open to the public. The performers take the stage at noon and generally finish by 1:00 p.m. There is a light lunch buffet available for all to enjoy during the event.
Summary of Annual CCBA Events
Meet Your Judges Mixer
- January 2015 – Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon & Executive Board Swearing In Ceremony
- March 2015 – 40 Year Club Induction Ceremony & Luncheon
- May 21, 2015 –Nevada Attorney General Adam Paul Laxalt as featured speaker
- July 23, 2015 – Political Journalist Jon Ralston as featured speaker
- October 2015 – [Details TBA]
- December 2015 – President’s Luncheon & Annual Meeting/Board Election [Date and location TBA]
*Dates and information are subject to change without notice.
CCBA luncheons are typically held on the third Thursday except for the December Luncheon which is the second Thursday. Visit our Bar Luncheons page for information about the upcoming luncheon.
Sponsorships are available. Download the bar luncheon sponsorship information (PDF). Contact Donna at CCBA for more information. Phone: (702) 387-6011.