December 14, 2016: CCBA Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon & Annual Meeting – RSVP by 12/9/2016
December 16, 2016: Downtown Cultural Series – Volunteer CCBA member speaker needed!*
January 20, 2017: Downtown Cultural Series – Volunteer CCBA member speaker needed!*
February 17, 2017: Downtown Cultural Series – Volunteer CCBA member speaker needed!*
October 22, 2017: Professional Portrait Session – Sit for a professional portrait!
March 17, 2017: Downtown Cultural Series – Volunteer CCBA member speaker needed!*
April 21, 2017: Downtown Cultural Series – Volunteer CCBA member speaker needed!*
May 18, 2017: 27th Annual Meet Your Judges Mixer – Sponsor opportunities available!
CCBA Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon & Annual Meeting
Featuring State Bar of Nevada President Bryan K. Scott and the election 2017 CCBA Executive Board
SPECIAL OFFER*: This event can be FREE to members of CCBA’s committees who register to attend and worked to produce bar services during the 2016 membership year.
Date: Wednesday, December 14, 2016
Time: 12:00 to 1:00 p.m. Check-in begins at 11:30 a.m.
Location: Cili Restaurant at Bali Hai Golf Club, 5160 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89119
Fee: $40 per person
Entrées (choose one):
- Char-Grilled Mahi Mahi w/ Sweet Corn Risotto, Sautéed Spinach and Roasted Red Pepper Beurre Blanc
- Beef Short Rib w/ Sweet Potato Puree, Asparagus and Cherry Red Wine Reduction
- Pumpkin Tortellini w/ Sage Brown Butter, Roasted Butternut Squash and Candied Walnuts
To attend this event, please RSVP w/payment ($40/person to CCBA) and choice of entree (selected from list above) by December 9, 2016 using one of the following methods:
- Register online (via Constant Contact)
- Fax or mail registration form to CCBA. See PDF: 2016-12-14-ccba-luncheon-flyer
- Call CCBA at 702-387-6011 (8am-4pm, Monday-Friday)
*Restrictions apply. Free registrations are subject to review. The registration fee will only be waived for CCBA members who were actively working on official assignments to produce a service or benefit for the CCBA during the 2016 membership year.
Notes: Each person who arrives without a prior reservation will not be guaranteed a seat, a meal, or entry to the event. If space becomes available to accommodate the unexpected person, then there will be an additional fee of $15 in addition to the listed price to attend.
The CCBA Annual Meeting & Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon is sponsored by
Professional Portrait Session
The Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) hosts sessions at the CCBA’s office for members to come sit for a portrait made by a professional photographer. The next session will be held in the fall of 2016:
27th Annual Meet Your Judges Mixer
When: Thursday, May 18, 2017
Time: 5:30 pm to 8:30 pm
Where: Cili at Bali Hai Golf Club, 5160 S Las Vegas Blvd, Las Vegas, NV 89119
Who: All members of the Nevada bar and local, state, federal bench
Admission Fee: $45 per CCBA Member, $75 per Non-Member. Nevada judges (local, state, and federal) may attend at no charge; however, their guest(s) may attend at the CCBA member rate of $45 per person. Registration with payment to the Clark County Bar Association is due by Friday, April 28, 2017 to attend this special event. See details below.
The CCBA’s 27th Annual Meet Your Judges Mixer will be held on Thursday, May, 18, 2017, from 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. in the elegant and tranquil setting of the Cili Restaurant on the edge of the Bali Hai Golf course. The Meet Your Judges Mixer is our non-profit organization’s is most popular annual event. Open to judges, attorneys, legal assistants, legal secretaries, law students, merchants, candidates, and their guests, this event provides an opportunity for individuals to meet members of the local, state, and federal judiciary in a casual, social setting. Average attendance is 500-600 for this annual event. Business casual attire acceptable.
This will be a private, ticketed event. Tickets will be available to order from the Clark County Bar Association. Sponsorship opportunities will be available to select businesses. Get details about sponsorship packages in this PDF [link TBA].
Registration forms (online and PDF formats) to order admission tickets and sponsor packages will be posted soon. Orders will be accepted via phone, fax, and delivery at Clark County Bar Association, 717 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, Nevada, 89101. Phone: (702) 387-6011. Fax: (702) 387-6011. Do NOT send payment details via e-mail.
Please note the following information:
- ADMISSION WILL BE RESTRICTED AT THIS PRIVATE TICKETED EVENT. The Clark County Bar Association is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets. No ticket, no entry, no exceptions.
- ORDER ADMISSION TICKETS IN ADVANCE. Register to attend and order tickets from the Clark County Bar Association, 717 S. 8th Street, Las Vegas, NV 89101. Sponsorship packages will be available for select businesses. Orders made through Friday, April 28, 2017 will be filled with tickets sent directly to the purchaser. To order a ticket, please register using the online registration form (via Constant Contact). To order more than one ticket at a time, please register using this PDF form . To order a sponsor package, please register using this PDF form . Note for runners: Best times for delivery to CCBA’s office are between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday through Friday, excluding major holidays. Phone: (702) 387-6011. FAX: (702) 387-7867. Contact: CCBA Operations Manager Donna Wiessner, (702) 387-6011.
- “WILL CALL” TICKET PICK-UP AVAILABLE. For orders made AFTER April 28, 2017 but BEFORE May 18, 2017, the CCBA will hold the purchased tickets at the “will call” table at the location of the event. Without prior registration, the CCBA will charge an additional $15 fee upon check-in at the event.
- CANCELLATION & REFUND POLICY. Event registration fees will be refunded minus a $15 processing fee for all written cancellations, including return of tickets, received by Friday, April 28, 2017. No refunds will be issued after Friday, April 28, 2017.
Downtown Cultural Series
Opportunities Available for CCBA Members (Attorneys & Judges) to Make a Public Address
The Clark County Bar Association is seeking attorney members to volunteer to speak to the crowd gathered for the performances scheduled as part of the “Downtown Cultural Series” held monthly inside the Carol Fitzgerald Jury Assembly Room at the Lloyd D. George U.S. Courthouse.
Schedule for the 2016-2017 Season Performances*:
- September 16, 2016
- October 21, 2016
- November 18, 2016
- December 16, 2016 – Volunteer CCBA member speaker needed!*
- January 20, 2017 – Volunteer CCBA member speaker needed!*
- February 17, 2017 – Volunteer CCBA member speaker needed!*
- March 17, 2017 – Volunteer CCBA member speaker needed!*
- April 21, 2017 – Volunteer CCBA member speaker needed!*
*To volunteer to be a speaker at one of these events, contact Steph at CCBA via e-mail or phone at (702) 387-6011 between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.
Typical schedule (on day of event):
- 11:50 a.m.-11:59 a.m. – Attorney speaker at podium to present public education
- 12:00 (noon) – 1:00 p.m. – Artists on stage to perform
Only attorneys who are members of the Clark County Bar Association will be selected to speak. There is no charge for the attorney to participate with appearances limited to once per season.
On the day of the performance, the scheduled speaker must be ready at the podium to start speaking by 11:50 a.m. and they must finish by 11:59 p.m. before the performers take the stage at noon.
Choose your own topic to present to the audience. The content of the 3-4 minute presentations are to educate the public, be kept general in nature, and be without any promotional content for their law practice, business, or advocacy of a political nature. Additionally, the speaker cannot distribute flyers or brochures to promote their law practice or business. The presentation should not lend the dignity of the court to any private interest. Topics are subject to approval. Suggested topics for a presentation include:
- Courts – judicial selection process for local, state, and federal judges
- Courts – jurisdiction of any one of the local or state courts
- Courts – jurisdiction of any one of the local federal courts, including general jurisdiction trial court, bankruptcy court, tax court, Social Security Administration, immigration court, tax court, court of appeals for veterans claims, etc.
- Elder law issues
- Jury and jury service
- Landlord/tenant resources
- Living wills
- Military legal assistance
- Tax law updates
More about the Downtown Cultural Series
As free, public events, the demographic of the audience can vary. Past audiences have included visitors from local senior citizen centers, court staff, and locals simply enjoying their lunch watching talented performers. The series is produced by the City of Las Vegas’ Office of Cultural Affairs with cooperation by the Lloyd D. George U.S. Courthouse. Performances vary and can include music, dance, and drama. The scheduled performers are subject to change without notice. See http://www.artslasvegas.org/. Admission to attend the event as part of the audience is free and open to the public. The performers take the stage at noon and generally finish by 1:00 p.m. There is a light lunch buffet available for all to enjoy during the event.
Sponsor a Bar Event
The Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) hosts events throughout the year for the members of our non-profit organization. Sponsorship opportunities are available to selected businesses. Learn more about sponsorship opportunities…