September 26, 2014 – Attorney Memorial Service
Members of the bar are invited to join in remembrance of colleagues who have passed away. The Clark County Law Foundation’s Community Service committee hosts a memorial service honoring the members of the bar who have passed on in the last year. This service is a project of the Clark County Law Foundation’s community service committee in conjunction with the Clark County Bar Association, State Bar of Nevada, Eighth Judicial District Court, U.S. District Court and Federal Bar Association – Las Vegas Chapter. Get details on the next memorial service at www.clarkcountylawfoundation.org or by calling (702) 333-8877.
October 7, 2014 – Meet Your Candidates Mixer
CCBA members are invited to attend our first Meet Your Candidates Mixer on Tuesday, October 7, 2014 from 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. at Mundo, 495 S Grand Central Pkwy, Las Vegas, NV 89106.
Join us for a wicked good time and a signature drink! Complimentary appetizers and cash bar. No admission fee for CCBA members. $20 admission fee for non-members.
RSVP online (via Constant Contact) by Friday, October 3, 2014.
Let’s go, Team CCBA!
Join the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA) in support of the Light The Night Walk—the LLS’s annual walk and fundraising event and the nation’s night to pay tribute and bring hope to people battling cancer.
Please join our team’s effort today by registering to walk or by making a donation.
- Donate or raise $100 and be a Champions for Cures and receive food, illuminated lantern, and Light the Night t-shirt at the walk!
- Donate $50 to Team CCBA and get our team’s T-shirt*!
- *To get the CCBA Team T-shirt, make your donation on the Team CCBA page by Friday, October 17, 2014.
Your participation in the Light The Night Walk will save lives today.
Be sure to check our team page frequently to see our progress, and thanks for your support!
16th Annual Client Counseling Competition
Nevada attorneys and local, state, and federal judges are needed to volunteer on Friday, November 7 and/or Saturday, November 8, 2014 to judge the “16th Annual Client Counseling Competition” to be held at the William S. Boyd School of Law at 4505 S Maryland Pkwy, Las Vegas, Nevada 89119. This event is sponsored by the Bank of Nevada, Clark County Bar Association, and the Saltman Center for Conflict Resolution.
This is the planned schedule for each day of the competition:
Friday, November 7, 2014:
5:00 – 5:45 p.m. – Judges’ Dinner
5:45 – 6:00 p.m. – Instructions & Room Assignments
6:00 – 10:00 p.m. – Preliminary Rounds (4)
Saturday, November 8, 2014:
8:45 – 9:00 a.m. – Instructions & Room Assignments
9:00 – 11:30 a.m. – Semi-Final Round
12:30 – 2:00 p.m. – Final Round
Volunteers should be Nevada attorneys, judges or mediators. Most volunteers will be needed for the Friday night competition.
An expected 80 to 90 law students will compete while local judges and attorneys act as either clients or as judges to assess their skills. Volunteers should be Nevada attorneys, judges or mediators.
The Client Counseling Competition provides an opportunity for law students to test their interview skills with potentially difficult clients. The competition tests their ability to:
- Establish effective relations with the client in a short interview
- Analyze the client’s problem
- Assess relevant facts from irrelevant information
- Learn the client’s goals and expectations
- Recognize potential ethical conflicts
- Develop alternative solutions to the client’s problem
- Assist the client in understanding and making informed choices among possible courses of action
- Effectively conclude the interview
Summary of Annual CCBA Events
- Thursday, January 16, 2014 – Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon & Executive Board Swearing In Ceremony
- Thursday, March 20, 2014 – 40 Year Club Induction Ceremony & Luncheon
- Thursday, May 22, 2014 – Feat. Las Vegas Mayor Carolyn Goodman
- Thursday, August 14, 2014 – Feat. Nevada Secretary of State Ross Miller
- Thursday, September 18, 2014 – [TBA]
- Thursday, December 11, 2014 – President’s Luncheon & Annual Meeting/Board Election
*Dates and information are subject to change without notice.
CCBA luncheons are typically held on the third Thursday except for the December Luncheon which is the second Thursday. Visit our Bar Luncheons page for information about the upcoming luncheon.
Sponsorships are available. Download the bar luncheon sponsorship information (PDF). Contact Donna at CCBA for more information. Phone: (702) 387-6011.