The following events* are listed as a courtesy for members of the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA). Dates in bold are official CCBA events:
- Aug. 26, 2015: “Coyote Springs and other Deposition Issues” – a CLE seminar (1:15-3:15 pm, Lloyd D. George US Courthouse, Jury Assembly Room—NOTE: LOCATION CHANGED) – Register to attend this seminar
- Aug. 26: “Never Again” event at Midbar Kodesh Temple to feature attorney Khubaib Ali Mohammed, one of the prosecuting attorneys from the trial of Oskar Groening, the Nazi Bookkeeper of Auschwitz. Get details in PDF file: HolocaustRemembranceFoundation
- Aug. 27, 2015: EJDC Family Bench Bar Meeting (Noon, Courtroom 9)
- Aug. 31, 2015: “Do’s and Don’ts of Trial Practice in Child Dependency Cases” – a LACSN Pro Bono Training Seminar (12:15 pm–1:15 pm)
- Sept. 1, 2015: Las Vegas 51s Baseball Game – CCBA tix available**
- Sept. 1, 2015: [CORRECTED DATE] Publications Committee Meeting (12-1pm)
- Sept. 2, 2015: LV 51s Baseball Game – CCBA tix available**
- Sept. 4, 2015: CLE Committee Meeting (12-1 pm)
- Sept. 8, 2015: EJDC Civil-Bench Bar Meeting (12:05 pm, Courtroom 15D)
- Sept. 8, 2015: Howard D. McKibben Chapter of the American Inns of Court (5:15 pm, 5th Floor Patio, Regional Justice Center)
- Sept. 9, 2015: LVJC Judges’ Meeting (11:30 am, Courtroom 6A)
- Sept. 10, 2015: New Lawyers Committee Meeting (12:30-1:30 pm)
- Sept. 11, 2015: “Representing U.S. Military Members in Nevada Courts” – a CLE seminar (12-1 pm) – Register to attend this seminar
- Sept. 16, 2015: EJDC All Judges’ Meeting (12 pm, location TBA)
- Sept. 16, 2015: Professional Portrait Session (9 am-2:00 pm) – Drop-ins welcome!
- Sept. 17, 2015: “The Law of Meetings: Parliamentary Law for Lawyers“ – a CLE seminar (12-1:30 pm, CCBA Classroom) – Register to attend this seminar
- Sept. 17, 2015: The Law Guide Mixer (5:30-8 pm, Ascaya) - FREE admission for CCBA members with promo code CCBA – Pre-event registration requested
- Sept. 18, 2015: Downtown Cultural Series (11:45 am-1 pm, Lloyd D. George US Courthouse
- Sept. 18, 2015: Attorney Memorial Service (3-5 pm, Lloyd D. George US Courthouse) – An annual event to honor colleagues who have passed away.
- Sept. 23, 2015: EJDC Civil Judges’ Meeting (12 pm, Courtroom 14C)
- Sept. 25, 2015: “Reaffirmations: To Sign or Not to Sign?” – a LACSN Pro Bono Training Seminar (11:30am–1 pm)
- Sept. 26: “3rd Annual Justice Miriam Shearing Gala Honoring Elana Turner Graham” – a SNAWA special event (5-8 pm)
- Oct. 1, 2015: CCLF “Sippin for Shoes” Wine Tasting & Charity Fundraiser (5:30-7:30pm, Total Wine & More – Henderson)
- Oct. 2, 2015: “Basics of Representing Children in Abuse & Neglect Cases” – a LACSN Pro Bono Training Seminar (9am–12:15 pm)
- Oct. 6, 2015: Publications Committee Meeting (12-1pm)
- Oct. 16, 2015: Downtown Cultural Series (11:45 am-1 pm, Lloyd D. George US Courthouse – Volunteer speaker needed
- Oct. 16, 2015: “Legislative Update 2015″ – a CLE seminar (1-3:15 pm, event details TBA)
- Oct. 21, 2015: “Fundamentals of Elder Law” – a CLE seminar (1-3:15 pm, CCBA Classroom) – Register to attend this seminar
- Oct. 22, 2015: CCBA Luncheon (12-1 pm, details TBA)
- Nov. 3, 2015: Publications Committee Meeting (12-1pm)
- Nov. 4, 2015: LVJC Judges’ Meeting (11:30 am, Courtroom 6A)
- Nov. 7, 2015: “Light the Night Walk” – A charity fundraiser for Leukemia & Lymphoma Society – Register to walk with CCBA’s team!
- Nov. 13, 2015: “Rolling Stoned II – Marijuana & DUI Update” – a CLE seminar (1-3:15 pm, Depo International Mock Trial Courtroom) – Register to attend this seminar
- Dec. 1, 2015: Publications Committee Meeting (12-1pm)
- Dec. 11, 2015: LACSN 15th Annual Pro Bono Awards Luncheon (11:45am–1:30 pm, The Rio All-Suite Hotel and Casino)
- Jan. 13, 2016: LVJC Judges’ Meeting (11:30 am, Courtroom 6A)
*All dates, locations, promotions, and events details are subject to change without notice.
**CCBA tix (tickets) are subject to availability and restrictions. Availability and use of CCBA’s tickets are subject to change without notice. For more information, follow hyperlinks below:
- Las Vegas 51s Baseball: https://www.clarkcountybar.org/membership/membership-benefits/las-vegas-51s-2015-home-game-schedule/
- Las Vegas Outlaws Arena Football: https://www.clarkcountybar.org/membership/membership-benefits/las-vegas-outlaws-2015-home-game-schedule/
CCBA=Clark County Bar Association
CCLF=Clark County Law Foundation
CLE= Continuing Legal Education
EJDC=Eighth Judicial District Court
LACSN=Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada
LVALA=Las Vegas Association of Legal Administrators
LVJC=Las Vegas Justice Court
LVVPA=Las Vegas Valley Paralegal Association
NSC=Supreme Court of Nevada
UNLV=University of Nevada Las Vegas
USDC=United States District Court
Subscribe to “CCBA Event Calendar & News” and receive CCBA’s e-mail notices about upcoming events, court news, and bar services.
Want to add an event to your calendar? Visit our interactive CCBA Event Calendar.
Summary of Annual CCBA Events
CCBA luncheons are typically held on the third Thursday except for the December Luncheon which is the second Thursday. Visit our Bar Luncheons page for information about the upcoming luncheon.
Sponsorships are available. Download the bar luncheon sponsorship information (PDF). Contact Donna at CCBA for more information. Phone: (702) 387-6011.