COMMUNIQUÉ is the official publication of the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA).
For a sample of content or to see layout, download the full issue (PDF) from a recent publication. COMMUNIQUÉ‘s editorial calendar and closing dates may change without notice at any time:
- December 2015 – Topic: Corporate Law. Deadline: Monday, November 2, 2015
- January 2016 – Topic: Five Things. Deadline: Tuesday, December 1, 2015
- February 2016 – Topic: Community Service. Deadline: Monday, January 4, 2016
- March 2016 – Topic: Labor & Employment Law. Deadline: Monday, February 1, 2016
- April 2016 – Topic: Alternative Dispute Resolution. Deadline: Tuesday, March 1, 2016
- May 2016 – Topic: Real Estate Law. Deadline: Friday, April 1, 2016
- June/July 2016 – Topic: Vice Law. Deadline: Monday, May 2, 2016
- August 2016 – Topic: Guardianship Matters. Deadline: Friday, July 1, 2016
- September 2016 – Topic: Constitutional Law. Deadline: Monday, August 1, 2016
- October 2016 – Topic: Transportation Law. Deadline: Thursday, September 1, 2016
- November 2016 – Topic: Veterans Law. Deadline: Friday, September 30, 2016
- December 2016 – Topic: Consumer Protection Law. Deadline: Tuesday, November 1, 2016
NOTE: The June/July issue is published in June. There is no separate issue published in July.
Content: COMMUNIQUÉ is designed to keep the southern Nevada legal community informed with practical legal articles; procedural information from local, state, and federal courts; and updates about bar events and services. Space is available for businesses to showcase their goods and services. To showcase goods and services, a paid advertisement must be placed. Space reservations are required.
Circulation: COMMUNIQUÉ is mailed to all members of the Clark County Bar Association, subscribers, and select libraries. The exact count varies depending on membership. Membership is comprised of attorneys, judges, legal professionals in southern Nevada, Reno, and across the United States.
Publication & Format: COMMUNIQUÉ is published in second week of the month, 11 times per year, with an issue published monthly except for July by the Clark County Bar Association. Magazine trim size: 8 1/2” width by 11” height and saddle-stitched. Paper: 70 lb. gloss book. Materials and format are subject to change without notice.
Articles and content: Each issue of the COMMUNIQUÉ maintains an editorial focus with practical legal articles and features for Nevada attorneys, judges, and their staff. The content of each issue is planned several months in advance. Nevada attorneys who want to write an article first must submit a proposal for consideration by the editors.
To submit a proposal, send an e-mail to Steph at the CCBA with the following information:
- Author(s) name(s) and Nevada bar #(s)
- Summary paragraph providing the focus and scope for the article (include relevant rules/statues/procedures, etc.)
- Proposed issue for placement (see editorial calendar above)
Proposals will be considered by the editors at the next available meeting of the CCBA Publications Committee. (The committee typically meets on the first Tuesday of the month.) All proposals and articles submitted will be considered for publication. However, COMMUNIQUÉ will not publish self-serving articles promoting a specific named product or services of an individual or firm. Articles must be on topic and original, unpublished works. The Editor-In-Chief, in conjunction with the CCBA Publications Committee and the editorial board, reserves the right to reject articles submitted and to decide when or if the article will be published. The editorial board reserves the right to edit for style, content, continuity and length. Preference will be given to articles written by attorney members of the CCBA. All authors must follow the author’s guidelines and editor’s manual. See Communique-Editorial-Policies-Guidelines (PDF). The piece submitted for publication must be an original, unpublished work written specifically for the Communiqué by the person(s) named in the byline.
Space reservations are required. Space is limited with placement only guaranteed to paid advertisements. For information on advertising, see COMMUNIQUÉ – Official Rate Sheet & Specs.