Communiqué is the Official Publication of the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA).
For a sample of content or to see layout, visit our Current Articles page.
- January 2014: “Five Things” - Submission deadline: Monday, December 2, 2013
- February 2014: “Pro Bono”- Submission deadline: Friday, January 3, 2014
- March 2014: “Criminal Law”- Submission deadline: Monday, February 3, 2014
- April 2014: “The Trial” – Submission deadline: Monday, March 3, 2014
- May 2014: Estate “Planning & Probate”- Submission deadline: Tuesday, April 1, 2014
- June/July 2014: “Business Law”- Submission deadline: Thursday, May 1, 2014
- August 2014: “Immigration Law”- Submission deadline: Tuesday, July 1, 2014
- September 2014: “Medical Malpractice Law” – Submission deadline: Friday, August 1, 2014
- October 2014: “Judicial Election Preview” - Submission deadline: Monday, September 1, 2014
- November 2014: “Eminent Domain” - Submission deadline: Wednesday, October 1, 2014
- December 2014: “Legal Trends” - Submission deadline: Monday, November 3, 2014
Content: Communiqué is designed to keep the southern Nevada legal community informed with practical legal articles; procedural information from local, state, and federal courts; and updates about bar events and services. Space is available for businesses to showcase their goods and services. To showcase goods and services, an paid advertisement must be placed. Space reservations are required.
Circulation: Communiqué is mailed to all members of the Clark County Bar Association, subscribers, and select libraries. The exact count varies depending on membership. Membership is comprised of attorneys, judges, legal professionals in southern Nevada, Reno, and across the United States.
Publication & Format: Communiqué is published in second week of the month, 11 times per year, with an issue published monthly except for July by the Clark County Bar Association. Magazine trim size: 8 1/2” width by 11” height and saddle-stitched. Paper: 70 lb. gloss book. Materials and format are subject to change without notice.
Articles: Each issue maintains an editorial focus with practical legal articles and features for Nevada attorneys, judges, and their staff. Articles are planned several months in advance. Members of the Clark County Bar Association may submit a proposals to write a practical legal article for publication. Article proposals should include the author(s) name(s), Nevada bar #(s), summary of focus and scope of article, and proposed placement (see editorial calendar below). Articles must be on topic and original to the Communiqué. All content in the publication is subject to approval and editing for style, grammar, and length. Authors should review the Communiqué’s policies and writer’s guidelines (PDF). Submit proposals to: Steph Abbott at Clark County Bar Association, (702) 387-6011. Proposals will be considered by the editors at the next available meeting of the CCBA Publications Committee. The committee typically meets on the first Tuesday of the month.
*Notes: The editorial calendars, schedules, and policies are subject to change without notice. Space reservations are required. Space is limited with placement only guaranteed to paid advertisements.