COMMUNIQUÉ is the official publication of the Clark County Bar Association (CCBA).
For a sample of content or to see layout, download the full issue (PDF) from a recent publication. COMMUNIQUÉ‘s editorial calendar and closing dates may change without notice at any time:
- November 2015 – Topic: Law Practice Management. Deadline: Thursday, October 1, 2015
- December 2015 – Topic: Corporate Law. Deadline: Monday, November 2, 2015
- January 2016 – Topic: Five Things. Deadline: Tuesday, December 1, 2015
- February 2016 – Topic: Community Service. Deadline: Monday, January 4, 2016
- March 2016 – Topic: Transportation Law. Deadline: Monday, February 1, 2016
- April 2016 – Topic: Alternative Dispute Resolution. Deadline: Tuesday, March 1, 2016
- May 2016 – Topic: Guardianship Matters. Deadline: Friday, April 1, 2016
- June/July 2016 – Topic: Vice Law. Deadline: Monday, May 2, 2016
- August 2016 – Topic: Real Estate Law. Deadline: Friday, July 1, 2016
- September 2016 – Topic: Constitutional Law. Deadline: Monday, August 1, 2016
- October 2016 – Topic: Labor & Employment Law. Deadline: Thursday, September 1, 2016
- November 2016 – Topic: Veterans Law. Deadline: Friday, October 30, 2016
- December 2016 – Topic: Consumer Protection Law. Deadline: Tuesday, October 1, 2016
**The June/July issue is published in June. There is no separate issue published in July.
Content: COMMUNIQUÉ is designed to keep the southern Nevada legal community informed with practical legal articles; procedural information from local, state, and federal courts; and updates about bar events and services. Space is available for businesses to showcase their goods and services. To showcase goods and services, a paid advertisement must be placed. Space reservations are required.
Circulation: COMMUNIQUÉ is mailed to all members of the Clark County Bar Association, subscribers, and select libraries. The exact count varies depending on membership. Membership is comprised of attorneys, judges, legal professionals in southern Nevada, Reno, and across the United States.
Publication & Format: COMMUNIQUÉ is published in second week of the month, 11 times per year, with an issue published monthly except for July by the Clark County Bar Association. Magazine trim size: 8 1/2” width by 11” height and saddle-stitched. Paper: 70 lb. gloss book. Materials and format are subject to change without notice.
Articles and content: Each issue maintains an editorial focus with practical legal articles and features for Nevada attorneys, judges, and their staff. The content of each issue is planned several months in advance. All articles submitted will be considered for publication in the Communiqué. However, Communiqué will not publish self-serving articles promoting a specific named product or services of an individual or firm. The Editor-In-Chief, in conjunction with the CCBA Publications Committee and the editorial board, reserves the right to edit or to reject articles submitted, and to decide when or if they will publish the article. This editorial board reserves the right to edit for style, content, continuity and length. The CCBA Publications Committee and the editorial board will not consider for publication unsolicited articles from merchants who are not members or supporters of CCBA through sponsorship or advertising. If a specific need arises for a merchant-authored article or feature, the Publications Committee shall attempt to secure an author from the list of CCBA merchant members and/or those companies who currently support CCBA through sponsorship and/or advertising. For more information on the publication’s editorial policy, review the Communique-Editorial-Policies-Guidelines
Proposals can be a simple e-mail to Steph at CCBA and should include the following:
- Author(s) name(s) and Nevada bar #(s)
- Summary paragraph providing the focus and scope for the article (include relevant rules/statues/procedures, etc.)
- Proposed issue for placement (see editorial calendar above)
Proposals will be considered by the editors at the next available meeting of the CCBA Publications Committee. (The committee typically meets on the first Wednesday of the month.)
*Notes: The editorial calendars, schedules, and policies are subject to change without notice. Space reservations are required. Space is limited with placement only guaranteed to paid advertisements. For information on advertising see Communiqué – Official Rate Sheet & Specs.