Volunteer Appreciation Awards & Executive Board Swearing-in Ceremony
On Thursday, January 16, 2014, six awards were presented to bar and community leaders at this year’s “Volunteer Appreciation Luncheon” hosted by the the Clark County Bar Association and sponsored by the Bank of Nevada. Also featured at the event was the CCBA Executive Board Swearing-In Ceremony with the oath of office administered by Senior U.S. District Court Judge Lloyd D. George. Highlights from the event are listed below.
Volunteer Appreciation Awards
- Volunteer of the Year Award: Dennis L. Kennedy, Esq. of Bailey Kennedy, LLP
- CCBA Sponsor of the Year: Bank of Nevada
- Outstanding Board Member of the Year: Tami D. Cowden, Esq. of Greenberg Traurig, LLP
- Circle of Support Awards:
- CLE Committee: Stephen F. Smith, Esq.
- New Lawyers Committee: Kelly B. Stout, Esq. of Bailey Kennedy, LLP
- Publications Committee: Heather Anderson-Fintak, Esq. of Southern Nevada Health District
Executive Board Takes Oath of Service
The Clark County Bar Association is pleased to announce the following members will serve on this year’s board of directors:
- President – Kimberly A. Buchanan, Esq. of the NV Attorney General’s Office
- President-Elect – Damon K. Dias, Esq. of Dias Law Group
- Secretary/Treasurer – Catherine M. Mazzeo, Esq. of Southwest Gas Corporation
- John P. Aldrich, Esq. of Aldrich Law Firm, Ltd. (2015)
- Tami D. Cowden, Esq. of Greenberg Traurig, LLP (2014)
- Nedda Ghandi, Esq. of Ghandi Deeter Law Offices (2015)
- James E. Harper, Esq. of Hall Jaffe & Clayton, LLP (2015)
- Brandon P. Kemble, Esq. of City of Henderson (2015)
- Kimberly R. McGhee, Esq. of Provident Trust Group (2015)
- Macaire K. Moran, Esq. of Las Vegas Sands Corp. (2014)
- Jennifer Roberts, Esq. of Lionel Sawyer & Collins (2014)
- Mariteresa Rivera-Rogers, Esq. of Wright Stanish & Winckler (2015)
- Jason Stoffel, Esq. of Roberts Stoffel Family Law Group (2014)
- Judge Susan Scann of the Eighth Judicial District Court (2015)
Officers serve one-year terms. Members-at-large serve staggered two-year terms.
About the Clark County Bar Association
The Clark County Bar Association is a private, voluntary, 501(c)(6) member organization that includes members throughout the county, state and nation. Its purpose is to provide meaningful services to members, opportunities for collegiality and social interaction, perform outreach services to the community at large and to promote professionalism. For more information on the Clark County Bar Association, visit http://www.clarkcountybar.org/ or call (702) 387-6011.