Las Vegas Justice Court Procedural Changes for Traffic Case Sessions – Eff. Nov. 4, 2013
Effective on November 4, 2013, the Las Vegas Justice Court will implement new sign-up procedures for walk-in attorney sessions in traffic cases. To participate in such sessions, attorneys will be required to reserve specific slots as follows:
1) Reservations can be made in person at the Attorney Window in the Justice Court Traffic Division, or via e-mail to TrafficAttySession@clarkcountycourts.us
2) Attorneys must designate the specific day for when they would like to appear, and they must select morning or afternoon sessions, as applicable.
3) No “same-day” reservations will be allowed.
4) Instead, attorneys will have to reserve their desired slots no later than 3:00 PM in order to appear on the following day’s calendar.
5) Morning and afternoon sessions will now be capped at a maximum of 250 tickets. However, attorneys will still be allowed to schedule up to 15 citations per session.
6) The dates and times for the Walk-In Attorney Sessions will remain the same:
- Thursday: 8:00-11:00 AM (morning session) & 1:00-4:00 PM (afternoon session)
- Tuesday: 8:00-11:00 AM (morning session) & 1:00-4:00 PM (afternoon session)
7) Attorneys who register via e-mail will get a confirmation e-mail to alert them to the fact that specific slots have been reserved for them.
8) Attorneys will no longer need to print registers of action for the referees when they appear for the walk-in sessions.
9) Scheduling procedures for bulk sessions are not affected by the new procedures for walk-in sessions.
Any questions about these policy changes can be addressed to Staff Attorney Joe Tommasino at (702) 671-3424 or via e-mail to email@example.com.